2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

IMO they are a wide distance apart, Okudah is a great cover guy, smart, decent to good tackler and impressive in the interviews ive seen. Others have different opinions but I disagree with them. I don't like Henderson at all and I simply wouldn't draft him. In other schemes he might work better but he'll be a disaster in our secondary, again in my opinion. 😀   

Talking about impressive in interviews Brandon Jones the safety from Texas brought a 100 page binder he made himself to the combine where he broke every team down in his downtime following shoulder surgery.

Like he isn't an elite prospect, but that's the kind of give a damn that gets you drafted earlier than expected.

• Like 3

Just now, Darbsk said:

IMO they are a wide distance apart, Okudah is a great cover guy, smart, decent to good tackler and impressive in the interviews ive seen. Others have different opinions but I disagree with them. I don't like Henderson at all and I simply wouldn't draft him. In other schemes he might work better but he'll be a disaster in our secondary, again in my opinion. 😀   

Fully agreed. I wouldn't draft Henderson before Jaylon Johnson or AJ Terrell at all, at any spot. You can talk about Henderson's tackling as a correction he needs to make, but it's not that he's bad at it. He refuses to do it, throughout his entire college career. It's a mentality. You can't change mentality.

At least with someone like Delpit, you can try to coach better technique. Delpit is not afraid of contact and has a dog mentality. Henderson has no where close to a "dog" mentality.

• Like 2

Just now, Trojan said:

Talking about impressive in interviews Brandon Jones the safety from Texas brought a 100 page binder he made himself to the combine where he broke every team down in his downtime following shoulder surgery.

Like he isn't an elite prospect, but that's the kind of give a damn that gets you drafted earlier than expected.

Damn, just got new found respect for Brandon Jones. Always thought he was a Patriot guy (in most of my mocks), and now I think he's even more of a Patriot guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Damn, just got new found respect for Brandon Jones. Always thought he was a Patriot guy (in most of my mocks), and now I think he's even more of a Patriot guy.

"He began his rehab the day after his surgery, but neither the Senior Bowl on Jan. 25 nor the NFL combine fit on his timeline. Jones still wanted to attend the combine so he could participate in interviews and get his official measurements. He also had an idea of how to impress anyone he met in Indianapolis.

Shortly after surgery, Jones reached out to his agent and proposed that he study every defensive snap taken by all 32 NFL teams this past season. That plan turned out to be a bit ambitious. Jones eventually settled on three to four games for each team.

For the weeks leading up to the combine, Jones spent six to seven hours a day watching film on his iPad. He diagnosed defensive tendencies, deciphered offensive personnel and tried to guess coverage schemes. He wrote down critiques and questions. When stumped, he solicited help from former Longhorns teammates like DeShon Elliott of the Baltimore Ravens, Kenny Vaccaro of the Tennessee Titans and Quandre Diggs, who played for both Detroit and Seattle in 2019.

“As I got older, I found out the importance of film and being able to break down a team and how that can help your overall success on the field,” Jones said. “I took it upon myself and held myself accountable. It was hard work, but it’s definitely going to pay off. I enjoyed it.”

Jones published his notes in a 100-page binder, which was then handed out to the surprised and impressed teams he met with in Indianapolis. Bleacher Report draft analyst Matt Miller described Jones’ method of preparation as unique.

When news first broke about how he had prepared, Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger said his former teammate was “professional.” Both Vaccaro and Diggs tweeted that Jones’ study habits were “impressive.” UT receiver Devin Duvernay, who also is a likely pick in this year’s draft, said Jones’ prep work didn’t “surprise me one bit.”

“That’s the guy he is,” Duvernay said. “He’s a competitor, a guy that wanted to get every edge he could.”"
Source: https://www.hookem.com/story/following-shoulder-surgery-texas-brandon-jones-turns-to-his-studies-as-the-nfl-draft-approaches/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

12. Ruggs WR- With Lamb off the board, Mayock gives Gruden the most explosive player in the draft. Raiders get a WR that complements the offense perfectly. Ruggs speed and ability will open up run lanes and allow Waller and Renfrow more room to operate. 

19. TRADE: Raiders send #19 to Indy for Picks #34 and #44. Colts move up to take Jordan Love as their QBoTF.

34. AJ Terrell CB- Ive liked Terrell a lot since the beginning of the process(even after the Natty) Very good CB prospect,  has all the tools and pedigree to fit right in, in LV. He has size, arm length and long speed, he also isn't afraid to mix it up in run support. Terrell may have more upside than his former Clemson teammate, Trayvon Mullen, who many on this board(including myself) love.

44. Michael Pittman Jr WR- Pittman is another player I loved since the beginning of the process and has steadily risen up the rankings( especially after he ran a 4.52 at 6'4 223). Big bodied WR, who can get down field and make plays. Would be the perfect complement to Ruggs moving forward. Would start off as our #4 WR, with the potential to replace TW as our #2, and would allow the Raiders to move on from Williams and save 10+mil in cap space. Gruden also coached Michael Pittman Sr.(who he loved in Tampa)

80. Malik Harrison LB-Harrison would come in and round out our LB core. Great in run support, would start off as a 2-down thumper and would also give us insurance if Kwit flops. Littleton, Kwit, Harrison, Morrow and Lee would be our best LB core(on paper) since Biekert, Romo and William Thomas.

81.Terrell Burgess S-versatile S prospect with good speed and range. Can drop down and cover the slot and has enough speed to cover Wrs downfield. Would round out the Raiders S position and would take over for Randall in 2021. 

91. Julian Okwara DE- twitchy pass rusher that needs to add some bulk to hold up vs the run. Has nice burst and bend. Has a ton of upside as a pass rusher. Would come in and compete with Arden Key to be the Raiders #4 DE.

121. AJ Dillon RB-kind of risky waiting this long to take a RB(I think RB is the Raiders #3 biggest need behind WR and CB). Dillon is a load with long speed who is a nightmare to bring down once he has a full head of steam going. Would complement Jacobs and Richard perfectly. I see the ideal situation as 8-12 carries a game to keep Jacobs fresh and to help wear down defenses. Dillon behind our massive OL, after having to deal with Jacobs all day, would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. 

159. Jonah Jackson OG-Rutgers transfer who made the most of his time at tOSU. Stud in pass pro would offer depth along the IOL, with upside to take over for Incognito or Jackson. 

QB: Carr/Mariota/Peterman

RB: Jacobs/Dillon/Richard

FB: Ingold

WR: Ruggs/Agholor/Jones

WR: Williams/Pittman

Slot: Renfrow

TE: Waller/Moreau/Witten/Carrier

LT: Miller/Sharpe

LG: Incognito/Jackson

C: Hudson/James

RG: Jackson/Good

RT: Brown/Parker

DE: Ferrell/Okwara/Key

DE: Crosby/Nassib

DT: Hankins/Hall

DT: Collins/Hurst

LB: Littleton/Morrow

LB:Kwiatkoski/Lee

LB: Harrison

CB: Mullen/Johnson

CB: Terrell/Lawson

SCB: Joyner/Nixon

S: Abram/Harris

S: Randall/ Burgess

Love it!

but will okwara really slip THAT far?

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Love it!

but will okwara really slip THAT far?

Okwara in the 1st is one of my bold draft day predictions. Seattle or Tenny!

Come on draft.. get here sooner and indulge us on your mountain of surprises as always.

Anyone want the 2020 Draft Network Draft Guide? 327 Pages long. PM me. I'll only give it to the first two because I like to support the website and I've basically paid for three already with the yearly sub.

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I just want the draft to get here because im starting to detest way too many people around here.... I say that half jokingly btw

im starting to picture that old t-shirt with the 2 vultures on it.lmao! hang in there JK , don't do it , its not worth it! lmao!

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

That's not the post I'm talking about. It's in this thread. Somewhere from Late Jan to Early March, I think Mid Feb. The post is almost exactly how I described.

2/7 - Lamb 1, Shenault 2. So you haven't a clue what you're even talking about. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

im starting to picture that old t-shirt with the 2 vultures on it.lmao! hang in there JK , don't do it , its not worth it! lmao!

Lmao it’s all good,,, it was more joke than anything.  Everyone’s so quadruple downed in their strict plan of ideas it’s hard to filter it all out 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I just want the draft to get here because im starting to detest way too many people around here.... I say that half jokingly btw

If I have to hear of a non first round prospect as "I have him going here in my mock" one more time.... lol. As if anyone really buys that some of you have made a 7 round mock, watched and ranked every player. Stop looking for fake draft credibility 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If I have to hear of a non first round prospect as "I have him going here in my mock" one more time.... lol. As if anyone really buys that some of you have made a 7 round mock, watched and ranked every player. Stop looking for fake draft credibility

omg yes! Everyone knows everything about everyone..:: from youtube videos