2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

On 13/04/2020 at 3:48 PM, oakdb36 said:

Great if he's a top 10 player, that means we won't be taking him. Vastly over rated and no excuse for his lack of tackling effort. I wouldn't want that type of player in the locker room at all.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

19. Las Vegas—Kristian Fulton, cornerback, LSU

After the first two corners go, the rest are in a hug mosh pit. Fulton is a PFF darling, rated the 12th-best player in the draft—ahead of C.J. Henderson, Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw—and trailing only Jeff Okudah in the cornerback class. He falls into the class of player GM Mike Mayock loves: big-time player in a national championship program, though some have been down on him for cheating on a drug test, which led to a one-year ban in 2017. He’d be the kind of competitive and tested player Jon Gruden loves.

Read that Fulton is falling down boards. And if Tua is still on the board at #12 that means the medicals are terrible. 

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

If PJ Halls work ethic is a concern which mid round DTs would you look at to give him some competition and may be a long term Hankins replacement?  

Benito Jones Ole Miss looks like a Guenther DT to me. Really good in the run game, soaks up double teams and could be available in the 5th round? 

McTelvin Agim, he's a pass rusher.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

The Jets solidified the interior of the OL and RT.  Edoga is a swing tackle at best, he’s really not good at all. 

the Jets May go WR, their a crazy franchise.  But they have Perriman+Enuwa outside plus Crowder in the slot. They definitely need a WR but OT is a bigger need.  

According to reports they signed Fant to be their LT and they like Edoga's potential at RT. That's coming from their beat writers. 

Perriman/Enuwa/Crowder is the worst trio of starting WR in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Great if he's a top 10 player, that means we won't be taking him. Vastly over rated and no excuse for his lack of tackling effort. I wouldn't want that type of player in the locker room at all.

This is why teams are high on CJ Henderson. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This is why teams are high on CJ Henderson. 

They are entitled to be, he's a good cover corner. He's nowhere near the class of Okudah IMHO and I dont like him as a player...... I watched a lot as he's a guy I wanted to like due to our CB issues but the effort and tackling is too big a red flag for me personally though I understand if others like him. I also think he's a very poor fit for the culture and team we're trying to build. Part of the reason I'm high on Johnson.

I realllly want to like CJ, hes great in coverage and has everything you look for in a CB prospect...until you need him to tackle someone. I wouldn't be mad if we took him, even at 12, I just don't see Mayock and Gruden adding a guy like that after shipping out Conley for much of the same reasons I don't like CJ(although, I think Henderson will end up better in coverage than GC)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fulton isn't even remotely close to Henderson as a prospect. 

Says some, I judge for myself. Henderson is great cover guy, Fulton isn't as smooth atm, but good length and pretty good in coverage in his own right. All about where u draft guys and how he fits your team/system too.

Not sure Henderson will fit. I like diggs too but later in first for him and Fulton. 

I really want to get into 2nd again. Can double up somewhere or get good value on someone that drops, that's all. 

I'll say this. I want a trade down at 19, don't want any CB early if his name isn't Simmons or okaduh. 

If we can grab one of those 2 and trade up for WR in first then I'm all in for trade up. Outside of that, more value IMO late first and getting back into 2nd than trying to go hard after Henderson.