Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Aside from being a little faster and a little taller, what does Ruggs do better than Reagor?

I don't think Ruggs is faster than Reagor. But he's more physical than Reagor and better after the catch.

That being said, I think Ruggs is overrated. He was the 4th best Alabama WR.

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think Ruggs is faster than Reagor. But he's more physical than Reagor and better after the catch.

That being said, I think Ruggs is overrated. He was the 4th best Alabama WR.

Reagor is stronger than Ruggs III but Ruggs III I think will blow everyone out of the water with his 40 time but will see if that happens.  He has speed in the range of 4.2, or at least that is the talk.  His vertical is crazy I believe also and potentially his broad jump as well. 

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He has speed in the range of 4.2

I could easily be wrong, but I highly doubt that. I thought both Smith and definitely Waddle were faster than him.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Raegor will probably drop to mid 2nd or early 3rd

I don't think so. Not with the time he'll put up at the combine. Those dudes that can fly get overdrafted, even if he SHOULD go in the 2nd-3rd.

I'd pass on both and take KJ Hamler from Penn State over both given his value will not be as high.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I could easily be wrong, but I highly doubt that. I thought both Smith and definitely Waddle were faster than him.

I don't think so. Not with the time he'll put up at the combine. Those dudes that can fly get overdrafted, even if he SHOULD go in the 2nd-3rd.

I'd pass on both and take KJ Hamler from Penn State over both given his value will not be as high.

Sure if one is talking value in the draft yeah waiting might be better, but as a flat out athlete, Ruggs III is special and should be the best of the group and I would be surprised if he is not the fastest.    

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Over Waddle? That dude looks insane. He's the Bama WR I think provides the most game-breaking speed.

Best: Jeudy
Fastest: Waddle
Best RAC: Ruggs
Best outside of Jeudy: Smith

Yes, over Waddle. The last guys I can recall with game speed like Ruggs were DeSean Jackson and Tyreek Hill.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yes, over Waddle. The last guys I can recall with game speed like Ruggs were DeSean Jackson and Tyreek Hill.

True, his speed is on record and he has put some great 40 times out there already and I expect nothing less at the combine.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-WR-Henry-Ruggs-III-on-his-425-40-yard-dash-I-still-feel-like-I-can-do-better-130661483/

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Slower than Waddle? Maybe. It’s really close.

Slower than Smith? Absolutely not.

Just now, ClutchDJ said:

Slower than Waddle? Maybe. It’s really close.

Slower than Smith? Absolutely not.

Yeah I just rewatched some Ruggs stuff. The dude is faster than hell. But I still think Waddle times in the mid-low 4.2 range. Ruggs 4.33-4.37 range. You're right. Smith is smoother than he is FAST. Ruggs can absolutely fly. The weird thing about his tape is he doesn't run past defenders all that much with speed. He's more of a burner in the open field with the ball in his hands, if that makes sense. That's when you really get to see his speed.

11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I just rewatched some Ruggs stuff. The dude is faster than hell. But I still think Waddle times in the mid-low 4.2 range. Ruggs 4.33-4.37 range. You're right. Smith is smoother than he is FAST. Ruggs can absolutely fly. The weird thing about his tape is he doesn't run past defenders all that much with speed. He's more of a burner in the open field with the ball in his hands, if that makes sense. That's when you really get to see his speed.

I think Ruggs is an absolute lock to hit 4.29 or lower