Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 2/2/2020 at 10:15 PM, jrry32 said:

It seems to me that durability is pretty random and not really connected to height and weight. For example, I remember when Goff and Wentz were coming out, people were concerned about Goff's durability because he's rail thin despite the fact that he had been much more durable in college than Wentz. In the NFL, Goff is still thin. Wentz is still a thickly built, large QB. Yet, Wentz has struggled to stay healthy. Goff hasn't. We could point to a million other examples of that. I think looking at injury history in college is much more telling about durability. Even still, there's always going to be an element of randomness to it.

Agreed.  But if there's one WR who needs to add weight to his frame, it's Denzel Mims.  That body type isn't natural.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, CWood21 said:

Agreed.  But if there's one WR who needs to add weight to his frame, it's Denzel Mims.  That body type isn't natural.

Pretty sure I read somewhere he was playing around 215 and he even looked bigger on tape this year as opposed to last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Better player Aiyuk or Reagor?

Good question, both are blazers. Reagor I would say is better vertically and Aiyuk is better with the ball in his hands. Both have some questions, Reagor has drops on film and you’re grading him on potential a little because the offense around him is so dull. Still, the guy is open all the time. Aiyuk came out of nowhere this year in a system that is a little funky, but is really fun to watch. 

• Like 1

Maybe Jerry stoke it from Draft Network actually...

This is from December 23rd on Tyler Johnson 

Like how he tempers his release speed and his vertical route stems to allow defenders to vacate space and produce natural voids for him to fill. Quick feet and smooth hip drop allow him to gear down and change directions. Can work endless route releases in all degrees of motion. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Maybe Jerry stoke it from Draft Network actually...

This is from December 23rd on Tyler Johnson 

Like how he tempers his release speed and his vertical route stems to allow defenders to vacate space and produce natural voids for him to fill. Quick feet and smooth hip drop allow him to gear down and change directions. Can work endless route releases in all degrees of motion. 

giphy.gif

On 2/5/2020 at 1:40 PM, BrownLeader said:

...6'2.5 206 is a problem?

I have his Senior Bowl measurement as 6'2 3/4" 206. (Difference doesn't matter much, just throwing it out there). 

For his body type I feel his weight is what he should naturally carry for his age. He's all legs. Built to race in space. 

He's never going to have an ideal height to weight ratio which is fine. Will always be lean like Michael Thomas and Tre'Quan Smith who have similar builds and like them will probably max out around 212 pounds.

• Like 1