Official 2020 WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

24 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don't get the love of 90% of the "draftnik community" just because they have a bigger platform doesn't mean they have any inside information.  

I disagree with them plenty, I usually have an explanation as to why though. To have such a strong take against but nothing of any substance as to a reason why is childish.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I disagree with them plenty, I usually have an explanation as to why though. To have such a strong take against but nothing of any substance as to a reason why is childish.

I think there's a tendency to get personally attached to an opinion, and when there is an alternative point of view we take it personally.

I used to get into arguments about players on my team until I got to the point where I had to tell people "listen, I'm stating an opinion -- I don't know the guy, never met the guy, he's just a player and I'm just a fan".  It made life much easier when the player was traded or moved on, because everyone could detach from it.  They made the point on NFLN at the end of the combine when they were debating Burrow vs Tua -- just because you prefer Burrow doesn't mean you're trying to diminish Tua, or vice versa.

In the end, my favorite team will likely only draft 2 players out of the 64 prospects in the first 2 rounds, which makes up 90% of the discussion in this thread -- so there's not much point getting worked up about who's right and who's wrong.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You're right, it's so much more mature to just have the take without providing an explanation and then when someone meme's it providing an explanation of "but 90% of the draftnik community has it like that". I found that to be a riveting experience and I learned a lot from his posts. I apologize for replying with meme's to such enlightening posts. 

54 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

You're right, it's so much more mature to just have the take without providing an explanation and then when someone meme's it providing an explanation of "but 90% of the draftnik community has it like that". I found that to be a riveting experience and I learned a lot from his posts. I apologize for replying with meme's to such enlightening posts. 

I stated my opinion, you responded with a pointless meme, I backed it up with the fact that the vast majority of paid NFL analysts grade the prospect the same way I do, and you responded with another meme indicating you didn’t care about facts 

If you’re not enlightened all I can suggest is that you spend a little time and interest to do some research — then maybe you can rivet yourself, without needing others to do it 

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Gentlemen, please get the topic of discussion back on the 2020 WR class.

I think people are underestimating Michael Pittman Jr. 

He’s a major sleeper to me I think he’s a long time outside starter. He was extremely athletic too 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

I stated my opinion, you responded with a pointless meme, I backed it up with the fact that the vast majority of paid NFL analysts grade the prospect the same way I do, and you responded with another meme indicating you didn’t care about facts 

If you’re not enlightened all I can suggest is that you spend a little time and interest to do some research — then maybe you can rivet yourself, without needing others to do it 

I've done my research. That's what you don't understand. Researching and writing down the opinions of others as your own opinion is called plagiarism. It's not enlightening/riveting or anything of the sort. It's merely parroting other people's opinions and showcasing them as your own. In what world is anything you said factual? It's simply not. Now, had you came in here and provided your rankings and gave reasoning behind why you believe Shenault is a better player then X player and provided some sort of analysis then that would be different, even if I disagreed with your take. Simply because the draft is full of opinions on players and not all 32 teams are going to agree on the talent of a single prospect, so why would anyone on here be required to do so? I can respect the hype around Shenault, the guy has everything you'd want in a WR with tremendous upside. Totally get it, but with his medicals and with the fact that he is a raw prospect and is the pure label of boom or bust in arguably the deepest WR class we've seen in god knows how long, It's not far fetched for others to have him ranked out of the 1st round let alone not the #3 or #4 WR in this class. 

@Ragnarok Noted and will do, just wanted to send this last reply and I'll stray away from going on about this going forward. My apologies for hijacking the thread.

• Like 1

Shenault is the usual internet draft darling that won’t do much in the NFL I see... can save this for 2 years from now before everyone claims “hindsight”. This type of stuff happens with 1-2 players every year. There is literally nothing special about Shenault. He’s a slower, slightly more well rounded, Cordarrelle Patterson. His speed is grossly overrated, average speed on tape at best, his elusiveness is overrated, he won’t get that in the NFL, and his playmaking ability is grossly exaggerated. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Shenault is the usual internet draft darling that won’t do much in the NFL I see... can save this for 2 years from now before everyone claims “hindsight”. This type of stuff happens with 1-2 players every year. There is literally nothing special about Shenault. He’s a slower, slightly more well rounded, Cordarrelle Patterson. His speed is grossly overrated, average speed on tape at best, his elusiveness is overrated, he won’t get that in the NFL, and his playmaking ability is grossly exaggerated. 

I'm there with you on him.  I'd take a flier on him late 2nd maybe?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm there with you on him.  I'd take a flier on him late 2nd maybe?

I’d do Mid 3rd but no issue with Late 2nd at all. That’s worth the risk. 

However, these guys were stating pre-combine that Shenault was like a Top 25 pick/talent. No, he wasn’t. I disagree with that highly. And now they will claim he didn’t go in the 1st because of his combine when that’s not the truth *sigh*. Shenault was always going Mid-Late 2nd. That’s what his tape indicates. However, his injury could push him into the 3rd Round. 

Edited by BayRaider