Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

7 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Thanks I’ll have to check them out, got a feeling Chiefs draft one of them this year.

Biadasz looked really good though, really solid.

I don't understand why I'm seeing Biadasz falling more and more of late. Seen him fall out of the first round in multiple mocks. Watching his film, I truly don't understand. The man just wins down after down. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't understand why I'm seeing Biadasz falling more and more of late. Seen him fall out of the first round in multiple mocks. Watching his film, I truly don't understand. The man just wins down after down. 

And he gets to the second level really well. Has that head on a swivel I like to see in linemen. Strong at the POA, really pushes guys around.

He’s really good, regardless of what mock drafters say.

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

And he gets to the second level really well. Has that head on a swivel I like to see in linemen. Strong at the POA, really pushes guys around.

He’s really good, regardless of what mock drafters say.

Dominant on the second level. Rarely misses his block. Very controlled in his movements and great use of angles. The only "weaknesses" he has are that he's not an elite athlete (which really on manifests itself if you ask him to block way out in space) and his average length. I think he's such an easy evaluation. If he falls to pick #31 or #32, I'd trade up if I were the Rams.

• Like 2

Ezra Cleveland OT from Boise State as a RS JR declared for the draft.  Sure he has graduated already I assume, so why not, nice looking player, is probably just a mid to late round pick but has some good upside and a solid build for a OT.  Wish he was going to return to school, could have developed into more of a high level player but will be a good value middle rounds possibly.

Josh Myers, Wyatt Davis and Thayer Munford are all returning to Ohio State.  Not a huge surprise but all should be big time prospects come the 2021 draft, especially Myers and Davis.  Will see what Austin Jackson does after AJ kind of took him apart last night.  

Been watching the Houston tackle Josh Jones and Louisville's Mekhi Becton, I wouldn't be surprised if both these guys are first rounders when it's said and done. Becton should not be as smooth as he is for his enormous size and he has freakish power too. Jones is unrefined, but will put on a show athletically - the Senior Bowl will be key for him. 

19 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Thanks I’ll have to check them out, got a feeling Chiefs draft one of them this year.

Biadasz looked really good though, really solid.

Biadasz is my absolute favorite pick for us in the 1st. If we miss out on him I'd look at Hanson maybe in the 2nd or 3rd at the latest.

On 12/28/2019 at 4:30 PM, goldfishwars said:

Been watching the Houston tackle Josh Jones and Louisville's Mekhi Becton, I wouldn't be surprised if both these guys are first rounders when it's said and done. Becton should not be as smooth as he is for his enormous size and he has freakish power too. Jones is unrefined, but will put on a show athletically - the Senior Bowl will be key for him. 

I'm not super excited about Jones. He's one of those guys that I think will be a solid player for a long time, but not a huge name.  He's a guy i see as somewhat of a poor mans Taylor Decker.

But Becton is legitimately a guy who I think becomes a Trent Brown type of player.  Dude is athletic beyond his body, and is just a bouncer at OT.  As many of the twitter OL experts like to say, he just throws people out the club.  He's a more athletic version of what Orlando Brown is.  He's crazy strong.  Get him in the right scheme, like the Ravens, Pats, Jags, Broncos, and he's going to be one of the elite OT's. 

The more I watch him, the more I think Alex Leatherwood will be a very very good player, just not at OT.  I think he's a guy that can move back to RG where he started all of last year, and be a guy like Andreus Peat was this year.  The biggest thing that bothers me, is that the initial quickness, foot speed, strength and all of that is there for him, but he just doesn't show the flexibility to get enough depth in his pass set to consistently see speed guys in the NFL, and I think that will eat him alive.  He showed REALLY good traits at RG last year and I think he sticks there with an NFL team rather than at OT, but his versatility will be very valuable regardless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duffman57 said:

But Becton is legitimately a guy who I think becomes a Trent Brown type of player.  Dude is athletic beyond his body, and is just a bouncer at OT.  As many of the twitter OL experts like to say, he just throws people out the club.  He's a more athletic version of what Orlando Brown is.  He's crazy strong.  Get him in the right scheme, like the Ravens, Pats, Jags, Broncos, and he's going to be one of the elite OT's. 

Had this discussion in the Packers' forum, but guys with weight issues scare the hell out of me.  That's a commitment concern, which means those interviews are going to be critical to him.  If a team is concerned that he's not committed to keeping his body at a healthy weight, he's going to drop no matter how much natural talent he has.  He's listed at 369 according to the Louisville website, but he was reportedly in the 320-330ish range this year, which is healthier.

18 minutes ago, Hawkeyejam said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/StuffNThingsPod/status/1211727394987483139

The things Tristan Wirfs gonna do at the combine

That is crazy!  Wirfs should be the 1st OT taken in the draft and will most likely go to New York and be a Giant.  He is the superior athlete to Andrew Thomas and Wirfs played the bowl game unlike Thomas and has a higher upside as well and has been playing better of late.  Last game out, Thomas against Chaisson was not good, got beat a few times, surprised he is sitting out the bowl honestly.

Wirfs has matched his great athletic ability with his play this year, one of the most talented OT prospects in quite some time and one of the best athletes to play that position in awhile.  Will be curious what he runs and how much he benches.  Kid is a freak show!

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Had this discussion in the Packers' forum, but guys with weight issues scare the hell out of me.  That's a commitment concern, which means those interviews are going to be critical to him.  If a team is concerned that he's not committed to keeping his body at a healthy weight, he's going to drop no matter how much natural talent he has.  He's listed at 369 according to the Louisville website, but he was reportedly in the 320-330ish range this year, which is healthier.

Being a big guy doesn't really equate to weight problems though. That just seems like guys who have figured it out and how to keep it under control.  When I think of weight problems I think of guys who can't get down, and are always too big. I've heard that concern over and over and it's almost never anything.  Stanley, Juwaan Taylor, Orlando Brown, Trent Brown, Cordy Glenn, etc etc. I honestly can't remember the last time that it actually ended up being a problem for someone, and someone busting for being out of shape at OL.  Those are just big guys who are able to carry a lot of weight.  It's when they're lazy/unmotivated that I get concerned, and that's hard to predict, and its stuff that we dont' have access too.