Trent Williams to report to Redskins?

Art_Vandalay

1 hour ago, Woz said:

tenor.gif

Well, in theory, if they knew he was unhappy before the draft, they could have done something about it.

If he didn't say anything until now (or there was something that set him off recently, perhaps from the training staff) ... well, obviously, they done screwed up by not being psychic.

zach used to be a writer about the jags on a website.   

i think Josh Walker would be worse good sir

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

the best option IMO is too either Fire the Incompentent Medical staff you have(thats directly correlated to why he wants out) 

I'M ON BOARD!!!

I've been calling for them to be fired for years now (it seems like).

• Like 2

zach used to be a writer about the jags on a website.   

i think Josh Walker would be worse good sir

Did you notice the part where I said that "if they knew he was unhappy before the draft?"

One of the outstanding questions in this who scenario-***-debacle is "when did the Washington brass know that their star left tackle was upset?" If it was in the past week, then saying they should have fixed the situation in the draft is 20/20 hindsight. If it was in March/April (or even before), then it's all on "Brice" Allen and his cronies.

obviously the redskins front office should have known there was a problem regarding trent williams and his availability and should have used a premium pick last month. 

It depends on if/when Trent voiced his displeasure prior to the draft.

the best option IMO is too either Fire the Incompentent Medical staff you have(thats directly correlated to why he wants out)

They should have done this independent of Trent, but at least now they have a direct causal point.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Did you notice the part where I said that "if they knew he was unhappy before the draft?"

One of the outstanding questions in this who scenario-***-debacle is "when did the Washington brass know that their star left tackle was upset?" If it was in the past week, then saying they should have fixed the situation in the draft is 20/20 hindsight. If it was in March/April (or even before), then it's all on "Brice" Allen and his cronies.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/5/trent-williams-frustrated-redskins-medical-staff-a/

In the winter, Williams underwent surgery to remove a tumor from his head. The NFL Network reported in April that the Redskins initially feared the issue was serious enough that Williams could miss the entire season, but decided after further evaluation that he would be ready for training camp. Washington and Williams planned to be cautious with his workload as he recovered from the procedure.

so they originally thought he could miss the season cuz of his growth surgery. if you thought originally he wasnt gonna be able to play this year what evluations changed that course cuz that sounds awful team doctors.   they could have built a better backup plan in case he wasnt able to go because of that surgery but instead decided to roll the dice having that 3rd round guy whos a project and coming off an mcl surgery to be the backup LT option as well as flowers instead of securing super-sub ty nsheke

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

It depends on if/when Trent voiced his displeasure prior to the draft.

They should have done this independent of Trent, but at least now they have a direct causal point.

it depends oh how a teams doctors can originally think oh he will be out the year and then somehow in their evaluations go oh he will be ready by training camp.   thats a significant change and theres no reason that ive found that supports why they changed that time frame by multiple months.  sounds like they might have misdiagnosed and other stuff TBH

12 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/5/trent-williams-frustrated-redskins-medical-staff-a/

so they originally thought he could miss the season cuz of his growth surgery. if you thought originally he wasnt gonna be able to play this year what evluations changed that course cuz that sounds awful team doctors.   they could have built a better backup plan in case he wasnt able to go because of that surgery but instead decided to roll the dice having that 3rd round guy whos a project and coming off an mcl surgery to be the backup LT option as well as flowers instead of securing super-sub ty nsheke

How many teams have a 3rd round prospect as their backup LT option?  They already spent resources on his backup, using any more would have been overkill.

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

Oh, if there's any truth to this... Oh please, please. I don't ask for much. Just... Just please. You broke my heart with Andre Dillard, but I've been a good sport with Tytus Howard. 

C'mon man. I need this. I'll be good, promise.

Gimme 3 1st rounders and he's all yours, including his massive contract. 

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

No left tackle for you. NEXT!

That's a fair asking price for somebody who hasn't played a full season since 2013 and is reportedly beefing with management... as stated in the Gen thread, it's what Seattle paid Houston for Duane Brown.

And who knows... you could parlay those picks into a potential starting OL plus a high upside CB (like the Texans did with Martinas Rankin and Lonnie Johnson Jr...)