~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hard to pick out one outside Joe Miz and NewDay atm that doesnt look like theyre trying to recite a script theyve just received before the show. Dean and Seth look like theyre phoning it in with their interactions. And seeing/hearing bout Dean, he probably is. Usos have been horrible about it since switching to the "Malibus Most Wanted" gimmick.

24 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

I'm not happy with this. USO's have been highly entertaining in their current incarnation. 

Seth and Dean were put in a bad situation. That storyline between them was one of the worst, having them act like a couple. Generally, I've been pleased with Seth and Dean's mic work ( and trust me, I'm not a Dean Ambrose fan at all). I also think most of the roster is doing better not sounding scripted. 

I agree with ian, I'm enjoying The Usos much more now after the character change. They try a bit too hard sometimes, but they've been very entertaining. 

Usos are muuuch better now. I still don't like them, but they are heels and you're not really supposed to. I think the program with new day has been one of the better tag programs in awhile. 

I just saw the Corbin cash in. Great moment but I agree with LBC, need that MITB intrigue throughout the year. 

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Seth and Dean were put in a bad situation. That storyline between them was one of the worst, having them act like a couple. Generally, I've been pleased with Seth and Dean's mic work ( and trust me, I'm not a Dean Ambrose fan at all). I also think most of the roster is doing better not sounding scripted. 

I agree with ian, I'm enjoying The Usos much more now after the character change. They try a bit too hard sometimes, but they've been very entertaining. 

Usos I think try way to hard. Its not anything like their natural selves. And they arnt professionally trained actors. Watching Total Divas and seeing Jimmy on there, then a few days later see him in this gimmick. I think might be the main problem for me. Its such a reach, while Dean on there. Hes more the same all the time, on Total Divas and on Raw. I probably would get and like the gimmick some, if I didnt spend time trying to see the Saccomano girl and Maryse in thongs on Total Divas.

9 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Bottom line is, Baron Corbin is not ready . He's still robotic and obviously reads what they've written for him word for word. He has improved, but he's still not there. Everywhere else he's great at imo.

Now if I'm booking SD, it's sooo simple.

Have Nak win the feud with Jinder, have the belt all the way to Mania. Have AJ keep the US belt to Mania and have Champion vs Champion.

I don't even know that I'd make it champion vs champion in terms of both belts being on the line, but having AJ challenge for the belt as the US Champion.

It won't happen because, the CvC thing, because ultimately one of the biggest goals they have going into every Mania is to try and pack as much talent onto the card as possible, because they're trying to get everybody that Wrestlemania bonus.  It's admirable, but it's also making it a little too easy to get onto the Mania card and in effect cheapens the luster (for the viewer) of a talent making the Mania card.  So ultimately, they're going to want to have a US Title match on the card, all belts defended, blah blah blah.

Honestly, the best thing they can do for this whole feud (AJ/Naka) is to make Shinsuke look like a totally unstoppable force throughout the fall and winter.  They ought to damn near Lesnar him; you give a couple of guys who are over enough to survive a bad loss a little extra in "holiday bonus" to get squashed by Shinsuke.  And I'm talking established guys, not mid-carders or up-and-coming main eventers.  Cena put him over, at this point anyone can be justified in doing it.  Thing is, I don't know if Smackdown has those guys on the roster outside of Owens.  Maybe you bring Jericho back in, even as a face vs face type thing, because Chris can easily survive getting squashed by Nakamura, the match itself would draw huge, and you know that Chris is capable of working and selling the hell out of a strong style match.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I don't even know that I'd make it champion vs champion in terms of both belts being on the line, but having AJ challenge for the belt as the US Champion.

It won't happen because, the CvC thing, because ultimately one of the biggest goals they have going into every Mania is to try and pack as much talent onto the card as possible, because they're trying to get everybody that Wrestlemania bonus.  It's admirable, but it's also making it a little too easy to get onto the Mania card and in effect cheapens the luster (for the viewer) of a talent making the Mania card.  So ultimately, they're going to want to have a US Title match on the card, all belts defended, blah blah blah.

Honestly, the best thing they can do for this whole feud (AJ/Naka) is to make Shinsuke look like a totally unstoppable force throughout the fall and winter.  They ought to damn near Lesnar him; you give a couple of guys who are over enough to survive a bad loss a little extra in "holiday bonus" to get squashed by Shinsuke.  And I'm talking established guys, not mid-carders or up-and-coming main eventers.  Cena put him over, at this point anyone can be justified in doing it.  Thing is, I don't know if Smackdown has those guys on the roster outside of Owens.  Maybe you bring Jericho back in, even as a face vs face type thing, because Chris can easily survive getting squashed by Nakamura, the match itself would draw huge, and you know that Chris is capable of working and selling the hell out of a strong style match.

I could see a champion vs champion with the winner getting both belts. It's rare but it could happen. Last year, the IC belt was defended on the pre show so I think they could survive with having two belts up for one match. The only thing with that, is it would basically ruin the run AJ is going to have with it and the prestige he's going to build with it. It would instantly become the less important belt again if it's held by the same person that holds the WWE title and I don't think I want to see that. I rather enjoy having the US belt very close to the level of the WWE title. It's almost a throw back to the old days of having the IC belt mean almost as much as the world title. 

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

I think SD is stacked with talent. Feuds with Owens, Jericho, Orton ( puke) , hell even a re-established Rusev can get Nak to Mania.

I fully expect Cena being on Raw sooner than later.

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

I think SD is stacked with talent. Feuds with Owens, Jericho, Orton ( puke) , hell even a re-established Rusev can get Nak to Mania.

I fully expect Cena being on Raw sooner than later.

Oh I get that there are feuds aplenty for him.  But guys who have the clout that if he were to steamroll them would make him look like a modern day gladiator.  I love Shinsuke and I've been a big fan of his, but there is going to come a point where his past accomplishments in the ring and his theme music can't be the main things that are keeping him over.  And, realistically when you consider that they're going to keep trying to script him (at the very least Road Dogg seems to understand to very selectively limit how much they're giving him to say), it's not gonna be stick work that's going to keep him over.  And Nakamura doing the amount of selling he was doing in the Ziegler and Corbin feuds isn't going to help him, because it doesn't fit the character.  This isn't "plucky underdog" Sami Zayn we're talking about.  Sure, he can hit some snags, make a mistake that a savvy opponent capitalizes on and he has to make a comeback in a match or two, but his chaiacter isn't one that's helped by having a consistent match formula that involves him having to fire-up and come back on a regular basis.

I look at the way that Alastair Black is being booked/presented in NXT right now and that's how a champion Shinsuke should spend his first 4+ months as champion - guys might come back on him but the inevitable is coming, Shinsuke is going to catch them with a strike and then the Bomaye (sorry, I'm a stickler for calling it that) and it's lights out, good night, cue that obnoxious kid from Karate Kid screaming, "Get him a bodybag."

The first three you mentioned can carry that kind of feud with Shinsuke - whether Orton would allow Shinsuke to be put over him looking super strong is questionable because really he's only done that for Brock and he realistically just did that for Brock last year.  Rusev, I don't know.  Neither of them is strong enough on the mic to carry the other, and I think you run into the situation they've largely been avoiding having to deal with in this Naka/Jinder feud.  One option that could work though and it isn't going to hurt him in the long run is to bring Bobby Roode up at the Rumble and have him immediately feud with Shinsuke (the "I took your NXT title and now I'm going to take your WWE title" business), and let Shinsuke finish that feud from 6 months ago on top and go over strong.  And before anyone would think to suggest that that "buries" Roode, it doesn't.  It thrusts him into the main event scene immediately on his arrival, and at worst even if he gets squashed, he's able to land quite softly in the upper-midcard and likely very quickly carve out volleys back into the ME soon, particularly if AJ comes out of Mania carrying the title, which he should.

4 hours ago, Ketchup said:

I could see a champion vs champion with the winner getting both belts. It's rare but it could happen. Last year, the IC belt was defended on the pre show so I think they could survive with having two belts up for one match. The only thing with that, is it would basically ruin the run AJ is going to have with it and the prestige he's going to build with it. It would instantly become the less important belt again if it's held by the same person that holds the WWE title and I don't think I want to see that. I rather enjoy having the US belt very close to the level of the WWE title. It's almost a throw back to the old days of having the IC belt mean almost as much as the world title. 

It's not a matter of what they could survive.  They could survive plenty.  What it's a case of is they simply don't want to.  They could survive it, but they don't have to so they have no want to.

The main thing with Nak is keep him away from the mic. He should be this enigmatic figure. The entrance, mannerisms and strong style will keep him over. I do agree, you book him strong .

predictions of the night

Roode over Drew

Black over Hideo

Asuka over Moon

Sanity over AOP ( bold prediction of the night)

Gargano over Almas

Archived