NBA News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Someone would’ve offered Brown that deal and we would’ve matched anyways. Better to save the hard feelings. It’s definitely an overpay for the player he is currently. Danny is paying for what he hopes he becomes which I feel like generally doesn’t work out, time will tell.

This is the NBA.  Players are essentially under contract for 7 years minimum.  How many notable RFAs have taken their QO and risked losing a TON of money?  I can't recall any.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

This is the NBA.  Players are essentially under contract for 7 years minimum.  How many notable RFAs have taken their QO and risked losing a TON of money?  I can't recall any.

What? I'm saying someone would've offered him the same in free agency and we would've matched. We end up paying this much anyways and then we have hurt feelings because Jaylen tried to leave and Boston wouldn't let him etc. aka Eric Gordon in New Orleans situation. 

Yeah I think teams wanted to get these extensions locked up because 

a) the FA class next year is horrid 

b) there are like 5 bad, young teams With a ton of space that would target guys coming off rookie deals

I think the Brown deal is the only one that seems like an overpay but they are clearly hedging against next summer. 

40 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I think teams wanted to get these extensions locked up because 

a) the FA class next year is horrid 

b) there are like 5 bad, young teams With a ton of space that would target guys coming off rookie deals

I think the Brown deal is the only one that seems like an overpay but they are clearly hedging against next summer. 

Its definitely an overpay. Someone else would've overpaid him and we would've matched it anyways. I'm giving Tatum and Brown some leeway since last season was a complete disaster. Hopefully they can make strides this season.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Its definitely an overpay. Someone else would've overpaid him and we would've matched it anyways. I'm giving Tatum and Brown some leeway since last season was a complete disaster. Hopefully they can make strides this season.

It's the nature of getting these guys so young. Nuggets overpaid Murray. You almost have to hedge for future performance and it really sucks if it doesn't work out

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think Nerlens Noel did and it did not work out.

• Like 1

Brown needs to be more consistent offensively before anyone can say he's better than Hield. Hield is turning into a top tier offensive player and looks the part. Brown has age on his side but it's pretty clearly Hield at this point as far as who the better player is. 

• Like 1

I like Jaylen Brown a lot. I have no problem with his contract. Obviously Buddy as of now but I do think that could change.

I like Jaylen more than Tatum part of that is because I think Tatum is extremely overrated but I really do think Jaylen Brown is quite good and will easily be worth that deal. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Brown needs to be more consistent offensively before anyone can say he's better than Hield. Hield is turning into a top tier offensive player and looks the part. Brown has age on his side but it's pretty clearly Hield at this point as far as who the better player is. 

I'm taking Hield 11/10 over Brown. I've never really understood why people are/were so high on Brown.