Top 5 WR route runners

49erurtaza

On 26/07/2019 at 5:02 PM, Yin-Yang said:

I can’t honestly say I know enough, see enough, or have paid attention to enough of most wide receivers to accurately say who’s the superior route runner. 

Think that applies for all of us B|

• Like 1

Keenan Allen and AB are pretty clearly the best two I've seen, after that there's a difficult to distinguish pack (Hopkins, Edelman, Doug Baldwin et al). I once saw Keenan Allen run such a good route he was called for OPI without actually having touched anyone. It was very impressive, and possibly the most Chargers thing to ever happen.

Edited by ChazStandard
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

Ankle Breakers and best Route Runners in the NFL: Davante Adams, Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen, Hunter Renfrow, Justin Jefferson, and Calvin Ridley. 

Cooper is up there too, but he’s not an “ankle breaker”, just solid technician route runner. 

Best to do it in the past 20 years though? Easily Antonio Brown. Legit almost unguardable. Shame he became the biggest WR diva in the sports history, a record that will never be broken. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ankle Breakers and best Route Runners in the NFL: Davante Adams, Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen, Hunter Renfrow, Justin Jefferson, and Calvin Ridley. 

Cooper is up there too, but he’s not an “ankle breaker”, just solid technician route runner. 

Best to do it in the past 20 years though? Easily Antonio Brown. Legit almost unguardable. Shame he became the biggest WR diva in the sports history, a record that will never be broken. 

Peak AB was unreal. Closest thing now is Adams but even he isn't on that level.