6th round or < that starts for your team in 2019 - Go!

dll2000

Name a 2019 6th round pick or lower, including UDFAs, your team acquired that not only makes team, but makes starting line up in 2019.

Doesn't have to start season, but becomes a starter at some point.  Or has best chance to do so.

I'll go first.  Duke Shelley - NCB Chicago Bears

1. UDFA FB Alec Ingold will start for the injured Keith Smith. I expect him to not look back either as he was  arguably the best blocking FB's in this past draft which Gruden's O needs.
  2. UDFA LB Te’Von Coney could find snaps as our LB corp is very unproven and I was very surprised he wasn't drafted.

Saints have a good track record of finding late rounders and UDFAs who can come in and help right away, but the last two years we’ve been deep enough at most positions that really hasn’t happened.

Alize Mack (TE) and Kayden Ellis (Edge setting LB) were both taken in round 7. Neither will start or play significant roles outside of STs unless tragedy strikes.

None of our UDFAs are expected to have huge impacts this year but Lil’Jordan Humphrey (WR) Porter Gustin (DE) Devine Ogziba (RB) and Chase Hansen (LB) all have chances to make the team and see the field. None will see any starter snaps without more tragedy.

Carl Granderson (DE) is serving a 6 month jail sentence for sexual assault right now but the Saints have said they’ll consider bringing him back when his time is done. I’m pretty ‘meh’ on giving a sexual assaulter a job but he’s talented and I’m sure someone will. Talent alone says he’d be the most likely to find the field, but not so much now that he’s in jail rather than a practice field.

Edited by Dome

I mean, if special teams count, then I have to go with David Long for the Titans.   Sixth round linebacker.

If not, then there's almost certainly no one, except for unexpected injuries.  I guess with enough injuries, then either RB Alex Barnes.  Barnes had a great 2018 in college, and if he makes the roster as RB3 (kind of a big if), and Derrick Henry goes down, he'd be the next man up.  Most likely way that happens, I suppose.

That said, it's very likely a UDFA from 2018 will be a starter by some definition by the end of the season.  Sharif Finch is probably Edge No. 3 right now, after Cam Wake and Harold Landry.