What Is The Biggest Perceived Misconception About Your Team Heading Into The 2019-2020 Season?

stl4life07

59 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

No chance he has a big season.  He won't completely fall off but "monster season"is highly unlikely.  They are going to ease off him and make sure this year he is ready for the playoffs.  LA is ring hunting this year and a healthy Gurley in the playoffs is a must.  0 chance they give him 300+ touches this regular season.  Think low to mid 200's if they were smart and yes I think they are smart.

Henderson is going to have a bigger regular season role then people think and is the back to own at his ADP would be my guess.  Not touching Gurley until end of round 2 or early round 3 which is probably not gonna happen because someone will take the chance.  

I still think he'll get you 8-10 TD and 1,000-1,200 scrimmage yards which is still in RB1 territory but can't touch that in round 1 or early round 2 probably just because he could miss time to ensure being healthy for the playoffs.

I think Gurley will get more than 8-10 tds. The Rams lead the NFL in redzone possessions and their best weapon in the redzone is Gurley. So when the Rams get in the redzone they will be giving Gurley the ball alot. I dont know how much he will touch the ball outside of the redzone though. So I can agree Gurley touches the ball mid 200s and I can agree 1000-1200 yards from scrimmage but I can still see Gurley getting at least 15 tds with most of that coming inside the redzone.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I think Gurley will get more than 8-10 tds. The Rams lead the NFL in redzone possessions and their best weapon in the redzone is Gurley. So when the Rams get in the redzone they will be giving Gurley the ball alot. I dont know how much he will touch the ball outside of the redzone though. So I can agree Gurley touches the ball mid 200s and I can agree 1000-1200 yards from scrimmage but I can still see Gurley getting at least 15 tds with most of that coming inside the redzone.

I agree.  I do think he'll be the goal line guy in a good offense so 12+ TD's isn't a stretch.

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Or that last year was the ceiling was Lamar Jackson despite him coming into a brand new offense, which was installed on a bye week, with 7 games left in the season DURING a season in which they were basically red shirting him as a QB but still playing him as a "weapon" in certain packages.

Well for starters we'll utilize those TE's just like we did last year, but I would say the biggest difference you'll see is that our passing game is going to go more vertical this year than it did last year, especially with Hollywood Brown on the outside stretching things. You'll probably see Lamar run a lot less whereas you'll see a lot more creative runs with Mark Ingram. You'll also see A LOT of motion and formations to create mismatches, much like what KC does.

If we look at the John Harbaugh's comments, the Ravens could be very interested to see how their offense will be.

1 minute ago, Steelersfan43 said:

If we look at the John Harbaugh's comments, the Ravens could be very interested to see how their offense will be.

I don't expect us to revolutionize anything, really. I expect Roman to take the elements that he used in SF and BUF and apply them here, along with what's currently trending in the NFL (motions, primarily).

But make no mistake about it, running power/trap/read options with 4 TE's on the field isn't revolutionary. Motions into RPO's and things like that - that's revolutionary and that's what KC and the LAR did last year along with Philly and now those concepts are spreading throughout the league.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Or that last year was the ceiling was Lamar Jackson despite him coming into a brand new offense, which was installed on a bye week, with 7 games left in the season DURING a season in which they were basically red shirting him as a QB but still playing him as a "weapon" in certain packages.

I heard this narrative plenty and am firmly against it. When Jackson came out for the draft all I heard was how young he was and if his frame can hold up next level etc. 

But for a late first round pick the guy has tremendous potential.  Especially, with  the Ravens front office surrounding him with quality offensive pieces .

I think they can have a very dangerous offense that can wear a defense down and that pays huge dividends in December and January.  And with the speed they added at wr watch out for the change ups.

21 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

That's nice, will it still be revolutionary when LaMar Jackson is on IR come week 5?

Colts lacking depth at CB. It’s been the most competitive positions so far in camp. Rookie Rock-Ya-Sin is already showing out and having a great camp. Between Moore, Desir, Wilson, Rock, and Hairston I think they can potentially be a solid group.

Edited by Blackstar12

That Mayfield isn't a good passer. He just looked bad because he got zero 1st team reps in camp/preseason/season and came in a game right before half and didn't have an offense built for his strengths and then they changed the offense after 4 or 5 weeks of starting when a new HC and offensive coordinator took over. With a full offseason he should look better.

Oh wait, he already looked good. Ignore me finding excuses for his play.

• Like 1

that ben isn’t a good leader

he is not a great leader, by any and all means he’s probably got a bit too abrasive personality, and thinks that he’s the king - i would too if i’d won the superbowl twice - but he’s a good enough leader for the guys to rally behind him and ride the whole way to a championship, and i can say this without doubt 

• Like 2

There is a multitude of reasons why Nick Foles looked almost as good as Carson.

New Offensive Coordinator was designing plays that were more suited towards Nick Foles than Carson Wentz, even when Carson was the one playing... Additionally a lot of the other players were going through the Super Bowl Hangover but were shocked awake when Carson went down and then they realized they actually had to step up.  Despite all of this, Carson still put up better numbers, while coming off of an injury.

33 minutes ago, Danger said:

There is a multitude of reasons why Nick Foles looked almost as good as Carson.

New Offensive Coordinator was designing plays that were more suited towards Nick Foles than Carson Wentz, even when Carson was the one playing... Additionally a lot of the other players were going through the Super Bowl Hangover but were shocked awake when Carson went down and then they realized they actually had to step up.  Despite all of this, Carson still put up better numbers, while coming off of an injury.

Agreed. Also, the team was a lot healthier near the end of the season when Foles took over.

41 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

that ben isn’t a good leader

he is not a great leader, by any and all means he’s probably got a bit too abrasive personality, and thinks that he’s the king - i would too if i’d won the superbowl twice - but he’s a good enough leader for the guys to rally behind him and ride the whole way to a championship, and i can say this without doubt 

Yeah, I agree ... The steelers had problems with the leadership in the last few years, since they never replaced leaders like Hines Ward, James Farrior or others but Ben was not a problem even if he was not perfect.

Roethlisberger made a mistake when he threw Antonio Brown under the bus after the game against Denver, but Antonio Brown would have left the steelers after last year, one way or another because of his contract and he was frustrate, even before.Just to see his comments on Twitter with the game against Kansas City in week 2 last year.He was also jealous of JuJu who had been voted Team MVP by his teammates and his shot on JuJu in April was awful.

But Roethlisberger is far from being a bad teammate ... He's not perfect, but even James Harrison who played almost his entire career with Roethlisberger said he was a good teammate even if he was more close with his O- line.

• Like 1