What Is The Biggest Perceived Misconception About Your Team Heading Into The 2019-2020 Season?

stl4life07

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So he played in 14 last year, so you are basing this off of last year w/ no line and what? 

Well I didn't watch all his games last year. I watched two of his college games (his last year, probably more of his previous years but i wasn't aware he was a 1st rd prospect so I didnt store those away) and he was terrible in one (vs. Zona) and OK in the other (for a college Qb, not what I'd expect from a 1st rd QB) . I probably watched his worst two college games of his last year in college but he still had those games. Then last year he was terrible. To me he is a player who everything has to go right for him to work out. The line has to keep him inside a clean pocket, the defense has to do what he thought they were, the receiver has to get relatively wide open, etc. He isn't very accurate, his decision making is more based on what he thought was going to happen then reacting to the play, he isn't very athletic tho I think he does a decent job escaping pressure, he's not good throwing on the run, not a lot improvisation, etc. I thought he sucked before we drafted him (based on those two games plus some advanced metrics/grading stuff that wasn't favorable to him) and he did nothing to sway me. 

The only thing that made me keep an open mind was a lot of people thought he was good/the most NFL ready QB in the draft. And I'm not a person who thinks my opinion is the truth. Plus the Cards drafted him so there was no reason to be pessimistic lol. I don't really follow the draft too closely but I definitely wanted Lamar over Rosen and even Darnold (tho I also didn't think he was very good lol). 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

This forum has such a hard-on for Rosen, but are ready to send the wolves to Lamar. So weird.

I don't think it's that at all. No one is raving about Rosen they just think the Cardinals cut the cord too fast on him. 

And the 2nd and 5th round picks used to get him are considered a steal because of the type of contract that is still owed to him is dirt cheap for quality backup qbs which he at least has a very high potential to be minimum. 

As far as Lamar people question his shelf life and that will always be the case even if he improves and gets through his rookie deal improved and healthy.  Guys like him who run like he does rarely are worth that second contract. 

Cam with the shoulder injuries, Vicks injuries caught up to him, rg3, Colin K, Wentz . It's probabilities. 

I think Lamar will be worth that first round pick no question I think he'll give 5 years of quality competitive play at the position the questions are in the second contract and the probability he'll be able to maintain that level of play 

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The Bears are due for regression.

fZwW1Rd.jpg

1 hour ago, Elky said:

Cousins inherited a team that went to the NFC Championship and he led them to missing the playoffs.

You do understand that's an incredible oversimplification, right? 

• Like 2

Matthew Stafford has had a lot of heat from the media and fans in the past for his awful record against the teams with a team with a winning record ... Kirk Cousins deserves to have a lot of heat on that too ... I believe Cousins has only 5 Wins in his career against the teams with a winning record.Stafford at least has the excuse that he's playing with the Detroit Lions .... Cousins has no longer has the excuse that he plays for a bad team.He needs to win this year ... I think he's the player with the most pressure in the NFL this year.