What Is The Biggest Perceived Misconception About Your Team Heading Into The 2019-2020 Season?

stl4life07

17 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Yeah, I agree ... The steelers had problems with the leadership in the last few years, since they never replaced leaders like Hines Ward, James Farrior or others but Ben was not a problem even if he was not perfect.

Roethlisberger made a mistake when he threw Antonio Brown under the bus after the game against Denver, but Antonio Brown would have left the steelers after last year, one way or another because of his contract and he was frustrate, even before.Just to see his comments on Twitter with the game against Kansas City in week 2 last year.He was also jealous of JuJu who had been voted Team MVP by his teammates and his shot on JuJu in April was awful.

But Roethlisberger is far from being a bad teammate ... He's not perfect, but even James Harrison who played almost his entire career with Roethlisberger said he was a good teammate even if he was more close with his O- line.

Guys Like Ab and Leveon Bell will never win a championship. One, they care too much about individual stats and public perception, and they get jealous of teammates. 

That works on the teams they are on now because the teams they are on now are trying to be competitive and put butts in the seats.

AB has Jerry Rice work ethic I truly believe that, but Jerry Rice just cared about winning. Brown wanted another big pay day and he wanted to get out of Pittsburgh before injuries set in and his skills diminish. He and TO literally hurt their brand long term for more money up front. 

• Like 3

A) Josh Allen can't hit the broadside of a barn. I'm not saying he'll be this 65% guy or even necessarily 60 consistently but the Stafford/Cutler stat line is definitely attainable. 

B) The Bills don't have a number 1 WR. Enter John Brown.

C) Shady McCoy is going to be cut or traded. Bills GM Brandon Beane has not only doubled down but tripled down on his statement that McCoy is here for 2019. He has been getting all the first team reps outside of a rest day or period.

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Guys Like Ab and Leveon Bell will never win a championship. One, they care too much about individual stats and public perception, and they get jealous of teammates. 

That works on the teams they are on now because the teams they are on now are trying to be competitive and put butts in the seats.

AB has Jerry Rice work ethic I truly believe that, but Jerry Rice just cared about winning. Brown wanted another big pay day and he wanted to get out of Pittsburgh before injuries set in and his skills diminish. He and TO literally hurt their brand long term for more money up front. 

Yeah, and for me the killer B's era (2014-2018) was the most disappointing era in Steelers History.

A lot of talent, but chemistry, team spirit, leadership and focus (especially when it's time to focus on football) were not very good for the Steelers.

Talent is very important in the NFL, but it takes more than that and the Steelers are one of the best examples of that .... The first 7 years of Roethlisberger (2004 to 2010) the steelers were in the Super Bowl, 3 times, they won 2 and another season, they finished 15-1 ... The talent in his teams was great, but his teams had the other important things that allows to have a realistic chance of being at least a  true Super Bowl contender.

Even in the 1990s of the steelers (1992-1997), they did not win the Super Bowl, but they had a good locker room, good leadership,etc and the steelers were close sometimes to go to the super bowl (1994, 1997) or to win it (1995).I think the Steelers who helped them before to be often at least in the AFC title game(or be a true super bowl contender) before the Killer B's era.

Many believe that the Patriots were our biggest problem in this era, but the Steelers only played once against the Pats (2016) in the playoffs and the other times it was other teams that eliminated the Steelers or they had not been good enough to just make the playoff.

9 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

That Miami is talentless. We just will have a weak right side of the  OL and bad DE's. (an unsettled QB situaiton, but that may turn into being adequate) Most of the other positions are solid. DT, LB, DB, WR, RB are at least adequate, if not good, regardless if they are "name" players. The WR group was responsible for our hot start last season, then Wilson and Grant went down with injuries.

Man I can't wait to see this 3-4 hybrid. Last year's 4-3 wide 9 was so awful to watch it was embarrassing. The O-line is my biggest worry, especially after firing the new o-line coach after only four practices in pads. I mean, who gets fired that quick? Dude probably didn't even have any pictures on his office wall yet. 

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Baker Mayfield is a trouble maker who’s personality is going to cause problems.

His teammates absolutely love him. The ONLY time he’s ever kind of said too much was regarding Duke Johnson and from all I’ve read, they’ve patched it out.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

That Mayfield isn't a good passer. He just looked bad because he got zero 1st team reps in camp/preseason/season and came in a game right before half and didn't have an offense built for his strengths and then they changed the offense after 4 or 5 weeks of starting when a new HC and offensive coordinator took over. With a full offseason he should look better.

Oh wait, he already looked good. Ignore me finding excuses for his play.

FWIW, I get the overall sense that the Browns are a media darling, so  I would push back on these as common misconceptions to some degree.

13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

A) Josh Allen can't hit the broadside of a barn. I'm not saying he'll be this 65% guy or even necessarily 60 consistently but the Stafford/Cutler stat line is definitely attainable. 

B) The Bills don't have a number 1 WR. Enter John Brown.

C) Shady McCoy is going to be cut or traded. Bills GM Brandon Beane has not only doubled down but tripled down on his statement that McCoy is here for 2019. He has been getting all the first team reps outside of a rest day or period.

60% is pretty bad these days tbh.
John Brown is your #1? Oh lordy.
GMs say this sort of thing all the time, but who knows if they'll still feel that way in 2 months.