2020 Draft Thread

Forge

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

I just wonder how difficult it’s going to be to make trades this year due to the draft being remote and online. I know they are doing a mock draft to make sure there are no hiccups, but this year’s draft will be interesting none the less. 

Technically everyone is remote every year, they have their war rooms at the team headquarters and just representatives at the draft. I would assume just business as usual tbh.

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

Technically everyone is remote every year, they have their war rooms at the team headquarters and just representatives at the draft. I would assume just business as usual tbh.

Will there be war rooms though?

4 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I think War Rooms were alright as long as teams abided by the max 10 person in a room limitation. 

That's not my understanding based on what Bucky and Daniel Jeremiah said on their podcast. My understanding is that they were all separate...though honestly, I don't know. Different areas have different rules regarding this, and it may be considered a competitive disadvantage if one team could have a gathering and another couldn't. 

I'd really like to get some clarification on that. Buck and DJ made it seem like GMs were basically having to Zoom with other members of their staff. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's not my understanding based on what Bucky and Daniel Jeremiah said on their podcast. My understanding is that they were all separate...though honestly, I don't know. Different areas have different rules regarding this, and it may be considered a competitive disadvantage if one team could have a gathering and another couldn't. 

I'd really like to get some clarification on that. Buck and DJ made it seem like GMs were basically having to Zoom with other members of their staff. 

So last week they reported that facilities could open for War Rooms with a 10 person max, I believe I heard this on NFL Network, then I saw the link below........so I am incorrect.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/nfl-draft-2020-will-be-held-virtually-because-of-coronavirus/

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I honestly don't know if it will make trading worse. I feel usually you also have one guy on the phone for trades. From what i believe Paraag is a big one for us on the trade front. So that wouldn't really change.

Yeah, don't see too much of a difference there to be honest. What will suck is most teams will be using the full time to make their selections. 

Is it April 23rd yet??

25 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I honestly don't know if it will make trading worse. I feel usually you also have one guy on the phone for trades. From what i believe Paraag is a big one for us on the trade front. So that wouldn't really change.

I recommend listening to the most recent Daniel Jeremiah podcast. One guy on the phone is not accurate if I'm remembering it right. There's a ton going on, and that's when they are all in the same room. Now everyone is on their own, even your own "war room". 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I recommend listening to the most recent Daniel Jeremiah podcast. One guy on the phone is not accurate if I'm remembering it right. There's a ton going on, and that's when they are all in the same room. Now everyone is on their own, even your own "war room". 

Move the sticks is his podcast right?

41 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

So last week they reported that facilities could open for War Rooms with a 10 person max, I believe I heard this on NFL Network, then I saw the link below........so I am incorrect.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/nfl-draft-2020-will-be-held-virtually-because-of-coronavirus/

Yeah basically it'll be everyone working from there own house. They probably will have all there main people via zoom or other telecommunication. What might be cool if we can see the teams calling players via zoom to tell them there the pick live or after they announce the pick. 

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Move the sticks is his podcast right?

Yep. He and Bucky had some real concerns (I listened last night lol) about the trades. Pondered whether or not he NFL would go back to 15 minute first round picks, etc. They seemed to think that this set up was going to be very impactful to trade possibilities because there are multiple phones, multiple people and in a traditional war room, you have all that in the same room. But now you're basically going to be on zoom with your own people, then you have to take calls form other teams, then run it through other members of the FO, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. He and Bucky had some real concerns (I listened last night lol) about the trades. Pondered whether or not he NFL would go back to 15 minute first round picks, etc. They seemed to think that this set up was going to be very impactful to trade possibilities because there are multiple phones, multiple people and in a traditional war room, you have all that in the same room. But now you're basically going to be on zoom with your own people, then you have to take calls form other teams, then run it through other members of the FO, etc. 

Is it yesterdays episode? 

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Is it yesterdays episode? 

Yeah, the one about prospects rising in the draft. If I remember right, it's the beginngin part of the podcast. They go over it for about the first 8 minutes or so.