2020 Draft Thread

Forge

Just now, Forge said:

Ruggs

Just now, P_locniners said:

Well, if history repeats itself, it will be Ruggs

Gruden likes speedy WRs? Can't recall him having many of those during his coaching career to be honest. And if they believe in Carr (probably not), may be better to get someone like Lamb who can kill it on the underneath routes and can come up with the tough catches. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Gruden likes speedy WRs? Can't recall him having many of those during his coaching career to be honest. And if they believe in Carr (probably not), may be better to get someone like Lamb who can kill it on the underneath routes and can come up with the tough catches. 

I was more trending towards the Raiders history

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Meh, that was during the Al Davis era and not when they had Gruden. Just looking at the type of WRs he's had his entire coaching career, you would have to think he rates Lamb and Jeudy higher than Ruggs...Heck, maybe some others as well.

4 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I was trending more toward I think Ruggs is going to have some ardent fans from football guys who are going to love that skillset.  While I don't think that I'd rate him as highly as the other two, I basically think it's 33 / 33 /33 on which one goes first. 

Basically...you prefer a guy to make contested catches, pick up some RAC but maybe have some projected separation issues? Lamb. 

High floor, with no elite traits but exceptional route running? Jeudy

Blazing speed and perhaps the most reliable pass catcher in the draft and some versatility in offense (running included)? Ruggs. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean you also have Greg Papa saying Jeudy could be as good as Jerry Rice...So yeah, no pressure at all for these rookie WRs LOL.

Lamb is the real deal though. Really curious to see who the Raiders have #1 on their board, Lamb or Jeudy? 

My thought is that it is Jeudy. My assumption is that they'll want a player who is somewhat like that clown they traded for last year....

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, that was during the Al Davis era and not when they had Gruden. Just looking at the type of WRs he's had his entire coaching career, you would have to think he rates Lamb and Jeudy higher than Ruggs...Heck, maybe some others as well.

I should clarify, my Ruggs to Raiders was a 'joke' based on the Raiders history. I see Gruden 100% going with Lamb, just strikes me as the kinda of WR that Gruden would go after.

But this could turn into the Crabtree/DHB draft, though the top WR in this draft kinda is a little bit more muddled, whatever flavor it happens to be

• Like 1

I want Antonio Gibson, HB/WR, Memphis. Dude is super explosive with the ball in hands. At worst he can replace Richie James role(5th wr/KR)...but I believe he has the ability to be much more. Think he can be a huge upgrade to our backfield rotation. Especially if we trade Breida and lose his speed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Don't know about the accuracy, but I like the comparison. Lamb is one of my favorite prospects this season and I would love to have a former Sooner to cheer for on our 9ers. There is no one else in this draft that is quite the YAC monster he is...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sherm said:

I want Antonio Gibson, HB/WR, Memphis. Dude is super explosive with the ball in hands. At worst he can replace Richie James role(5th wr/KR)...but I believe he has the ability to be much more. Think he can be a huge upgrade to our backfield rotation. Especially if we trade Breida and lose his speed. 

Add me to the group wanting Gibson. Doubt he will be in range for us unless we can trade down and pick up a third. We discussed him for the FFMD but he ended up going just before our pick.

27 minutes ago, sherm said:

Our plan was to get him at some point in FFMD, but he went higher than we could get him. 

28 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Add me to the group wanting Gibson. Doubt he will be in range for us unless we can trade down and pick up a third. We discussed him for the FFMD but he ended up going just before our pick.

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Our plan was to get him at some point in FFMD, but he went higher than we could get him. 

I doubt we draft him or even in position to him but I can dream. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Don't know about the accuracy, but I like the comparison. Lamb is one of my favorite prospects this season and I would love to have a former Sooner to cheer for on our 9ers. There is no one else in this draft that is quite the YAC monster he is...

Yup. Might be the kiss of death for non-LSU receivers, but if we stay at 13 and go WR, I really hope it will be (1)Lamb (2)Ruggs and yeah (3)Jeudy.

3 hours ago, sherm said:

He's the best RB fit for Shanny in this draft. And the fact that he also played WR just makes him that much more appealing for a offense that is craving a legit CMC type of receiving threat out of the backfield.

• Like 1