2020 Draft Thread

Forge

Listening to what they are saying and while i can see what they are coming from. I just don't think with today's technology that it is as big a problem as it would have been in the past. The communication in the war room is also all those guys having their say so having that talk in a online meeting doesn't change that all that much.

I think Bucky's point about the dedicated phones are the most important thing but then the family thing just makes no sense. If you are working on that draft and you are not fully focused on that you should be fired for doing a bad job.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Listening to what they are saying and while i can see what they are coming from. I just don't think with today's technology that it is as big a problem as it would have been in the past. The communication in the war room is also all those guys having their say so having that talk in a online meeting doesn't change that all that much.

True...but you're still at the mercy of technology. And anyone in the IT field will tell you that technology can be the biggest ***** of them all when you least expect it.

11 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I think Bucky's point about the dedicated phones are the most important thing but then the family thing just makes no sense. If you are working on that draft and you are not fully focused on that you should be fired for doing a bad job.

I'll be honest...I only pay about 43% attention when Bucky is talking. Sometimes he has some weird takes and thoughts lol

22 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

True...but you're still at the mercy of technology. And anyone in the IT field will tell you that technology can be the biggest ***** of them all when you least expect it.

Welp, if they are using ZOOM, Niners have an advantage of ZOOM HQ being located down the road about 10 minutes........better have their C-Level reps on hand in case anything goes wrong

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah basically it'll be everyone working from there own house. They probably will have all there main people via zoom or other telecommunication. What might be cool if we can see the teams calling players via zoom to tell them there the pick live or after they announce the pick. 

Maybe the best thing to come out of this will be that the talking heads won't know what the pick is prior to it being announced and spoiling everyone's fun.

On 4/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, oldman9er said:

Saw something on another SF site that broke down the type of WRs that Kyle leans to. It was all about the quicks, but they need to have some RAC chops too. 

like, sub 7 (or low as possible at) on the 3 cone.. 4.3 or better on the short shuttle. 

We drafting Pittman Jr. from USC at #31 overall. It's already done. 

Just noticed that Mims ran a 6.66 on his Combine 3 cone??? ffs... Kyle be drafting either Pittman Jr or MIms. O.o

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P_locniners said:

Welp, if they are using ZOOM, Niners have an advantage of ZOOM HQ being located down the road about 10 minutes........better have their C-Level reps on hand in case anything goes wrong

Agreed, to protect us. But Paraag hiring an army of Zoom-Bombing hackers right now for delicious real time intel...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, P_locniners said:

Better yet, let's infiltrate other teams war rooms. Lol shut them down 5 minutes before they are supposed to be on the clock 

(I feel like there's a Patriots joke out here somewhere) 

• Like 1

I'm sure they'll have backup contingencies for whatever networking applications they use, and then backups for their backups. If zoom fails, have a conference land line open, if those fail have a group cell phone call etc. With as much time as they've had to plan and develop the best strategies on how to communicate I just don't foresee too many problems, NFL teams have some smart mofos working for them and usually if they don't, they know who to ask for help.

I'm a sucker for DEs that have the ability to bend and have very good physical traits....Count me in on the Chaisson bandwagon. #13 may be too early for him, but in the 17-20 range if we trade down? Definitely wouldn't be opposed to it. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

LOL

Jesus, no pressure CeeDee

I mean you also have Greg Papa saying Jeudy could be as good as Jerry Rice...So yeah, no pressure at all for these rookie WRs LOL.

Lamb is the real deal though. Really curious to see who the Raiders have #1 on their board, Lamb or Jeudy? 

• Like 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean you also have Greg Papa saying Jeudy could be as good as Jerry Rice...So yeah, no pressure at all for these rookie WRs LOL.

Lamb is the real deal though. Really curious to see who the Raiders have #1 on their board, Lamb or Jeudy? 

Ruggs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, if history repeats itself, it will be Ruggs