Forge

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hypothetical, the following players are available at #13:

Jerry Jeudy

Henry Ruggs

Andrew Thomas

CJ Henderson.

Javon Kinlaw

Rank them of your preference and then do a ranking of what you think Shanny/Lynch are ranking the following options.

Exactly the way you have listed them. Seems like Shanny/Lynch think the other way round though. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

13. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts)

Trade with Miami Dolphins

49ers get: 1-26, 2-56, 5-154, 2021 third-round pick
Dolphins get: 1-13, WR Dante Pettis

The 49ers have two first-round picks but don't pick again until Round 5 (No. 156). They're almost surely going to trade away at least one of those two first-rounders for multiple selections to recoup some of the picks they traded away.

The Dolphins have more picks to work with than any team, and assuming they use the No. 5 pick on a quarterback, this would be a move up to grab a left tackle or one of the top wide receivers in this class before their other first-round selection comes up at No. 18. They would also be taking a shot on Pettis, who was publicly buried by Kyle Shanahan last season and might need a change of scenery.

31. San Francisco 49ers

Trade with New York Jets

49ers get: 2-48, 3-79, 5-158
Jets get: 1-31

Wide receiver? Tackle? Cornerback? The Jets need help just about everywhere, so while they could hold on to the extra pick they received from the Giants for defensive lineman Leonard Williams, this would be a move to go and grab someone who might be an immediate starter at one of those spots.

The Niners don't have second-, third-, or fourth-round picks, so trading down gives general manager John Lynch & Co. something to keep busy with in the middle rounds.

2 Mock trades from Barnwell on espn.

Given how far we are moving back on each of those trades, I'd probably only make one of them. I don't mind making one big trade back and then a small one, but I don't know that I love making two really big trade downs. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would not be super stoked with Kinlaw at 13. I suppose I could understand it though. Just wouldn't be the way I would go. 

That's why I have him@3 on my list. Love the talent but we can address DT later. Its arguably the deepest position on the team. Spending another high 1st rounder on a DT wouldn't be wise imo.

Just now, Forge said:

I think I just am in the minority. I see such sky high bust potential on Kinlaw. He really worries me. 

That's kind of how I feel about Ruggs. I can see it with Kinlaw too but I think he has too many physical tools to totally bust. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

13. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts)

Trade with Miami Dolphins

49ers get: 1-26, 2-56, 5-154, 2021 third-round pick
Dolphins get: 1-13, WR Dante Pettis

The 49ers have two first-round picks but don't pick again until Round 5 (No. 156). They're almost surely going to trade away at least one of those two first-rounders for multiple selections to recoup some of the picks they traded away.

The Dolphins have more picks to work with than any team, and assuming they use the No. 5 pick on a quarterback, this would be a move up to grab a left tackle or one of the top wide receivers in this class before their other first-round selection comes up at No. 18. They would also be taking a shot on Pettis, who was publicly buried by Kyle Shanahan last season and might need a change of scenery.

31. San Francisco 49ers

Trade with New York Jets

49ers get: 2-48, 3-79, 5-158
Jets get: 1-31

Wide receiver? Tackle? Cornerback? The Jets need help just about everywhere, so while they could hold on to the extra pick they received from the Giants for defensive lineman Leonard Williams, this would be a move to go and grab someone who might be an immediate starter at one of those spots.

The Niners don't have second-, third-, or fourth-round picks, so trading down gives general manager John Lynch & Co. something to keep busy with in the middle rounds.

2 Mock trades from Barnwell on espn.

I'd take the 2nd trade but I don't think we get enough for moving down 13 spots in the 1st and giving up Pettis for the 1st trade. I'd be looking at their 1st 2nd round pick and 4th instead of 5th rounder, even if we give a 6th back as well. With that trade what are they valuing Pettis at? At best the 5th rounder and he is worth more than that.

6 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

I'd take the 2nd trade but I don't think we get enough for moving down 13 spots in the 1st and giving up Pettis for the 1st trade. I'd be looking at their 1st 2nd round pick and 4th instead of 5th rounder, even if we give a 6th back as well. With that trade what are they valuing Pettis at? At best the 5th rounder and he is worth more than that.

That's all Pettis is worth right now.

You can argue the merits of trading him for that, but his value is probably roughly around that spot. He's definitely not worth more. Zay Jones could only get a future fifth round pick, and his career has actually started off more productive than Pettis'. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hypothetical, the following players are available at #13:

Jerry Jeudy

Henry Ruggs

Andrew Thomas

CJ Henderson.

Javon Kinlaw

Rank them of your preference and then do a ranking of what you think Shanny/Lynch are ranking the following options.

Ruggs

Thomas

Jeudy

Henderson

KInlaw

and same for Shanny/Lynch... we talk all the time (in my head anyway). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Ruggs

Thomas

Jeudy

Henderson

KInlaw

and same for Shanny/Lynch... we talk all the time (in my head anyway). 

This is also my list. Ruggs would be an easy #1 receiver for us and Thomas is almost too good to pass up. Jeudy is great and would be a great player for us but he's a little redundant with our current personnel. Henderson is a good pick for the future and Kinlaw is meh because I want to see what our other guys can do.