Raiders officially release Antonio Brown

Steelersfan43

1 hour ago, showtime said:

This is an example of massive money and fame changing someone and giving them tons of entitlement.  Either that or he has mental issues or has taken too many shots to the head.

That's possible. But for all we know, he may have been a total dbag long before he ever became rich and famous.

4 hours ago, coors said:

Man, earlier before this, a new headline popped up on my phone about the Browns and Antonio Callaway and for a quick second I thought it was news about Antonio Brown, almost started laughing, but now I see this hahaha wow

32 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

When he starts catching TD's I'll get over all of this. 

He'll definitely be catching touchdowns, but when the Raiders lose and don't make the playoffs this will start all over again.  It's a shame he acts like this because he's a sure fire HoF'er.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

He'll definitely be catching touchdowns, but when the Raiders lose and don't make the playoffs this will start all over again.  It's a shame he acts like this because he's a sure fire HoF'er.

He's gonna complain loudly when he is skipped over for the HOF.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

feel like he should have been grandfather in with his helmet. In his entire career, he has had only one concussion, so that helmet works for him.

The helmet is now deemed obsolete with better options. Why should he be given special treatment?

• Like 2

Sad. Dude could have had an all time great career*. Doubtful he would have surpassed Rice in anyone's eyes, but absolutely could have gotten into the discussion. Early, but so far, it looks like it will be a messy end to his career.

*I understand he's already a HOFer, which pretty much signifies an all time great career...  So I let's say he could have had a truly special career even compaed to fellow HOFers.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

feel like he should have been grandfather in with his helmet. In his entire career, he has had only one concussion, so that helmet works for him.

Thats like saying guys who work in buildings shouldn’t be required to wear fall protection because they have not fallen yet. 

Brown is an employee. His employer requires certain safety precautions, for his own good, due to past lawsuits. He accordingly needs to follow the proper procedures. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:
9 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

C

T

E

This has always been my theory as well, even before he was on Oakland. Brown kinda slurs his words a bit, has the mentality of a 12 year old, and didn’t use to be like this. A lot of people point to the Burfict hit as to when the massive change started happening. I think it really affected his brain and his mentality reverted to a twelve year old child. He still has his skills and ability, but Burfict knocked the maturity right out of his brain

which is what makes the fact he wants to wear a sub par helmet the most ironic thing I have ever seen. I mean, seriously. 

NFLPA needs to get some former player with CTE to go 'scare him straight' lol

1 hour ago, N4L said:

which is what makes the fact he wants to wear a sub par helmet the most ironic thing I have ever seen. I mean, seriously. 

NFLPA needs to get some former player with CTE to go 'scare him straight' lol

He's worn that helmet for 9 years, and had 1 concussion - and that was when a guy deliberately tried to give him one. These are adults, he should be allowed to wear the helmet that works for him. Honestly can't think of a reason to forbid it, except just asserting authority for authority's sake.

57 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

He's worn that helmet for 9 years, and had 1 concussion - and that was when a guy deliberately tried to give him one. These are adults, he should be allowed to wear the helmet that works for him. Honestly can't think of a reason to forbid it, except just asserting authority for authority's sake.

Brown can wear the same model of the helmet. Just a newer version of it. The helmet that AB wants to use is 10 plus years old, and doesn't comply with the safety standards that the NFL wants. 

Brown is the only person in the NFL that seems to be making a big deal out of this. There are many other helmet types he can use. Don't see why he can't find a replacement in 4 weeks. 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

The main reason to forbid it is to save the player from his own stupidity.

What are the downsides of wearing a newer helmet, with better technology, giving him better protection from head injuries?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Thats like saying guys who work in buildings shouldn’t be required to wear fall protection because they have not fallen yet. 

Brown is an employee. His employer requires certain safety precautions, for his own good, due to past lawsuits. He accordingly needs to follow the proper procedures. 

Well I recant my statement. I finally saw that the kind of helmet he wears is discontinued. So they cant properly renovate and properly re-certify it. That’s the reason his helmet isn’t allowed.