Preseason Week 1: Browns vs Redskins - Beginning of a Dynasty

candyman93

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cut kirk a year early. Mack is ready. 

Why the f@*$ would we do that?  His cap hit would be the same whether we keep him or not.  And he is a really good player.  There is no need to rush it.  Mack will get playing time. Let him develop.  This was a single preseason game.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Why the f@*$ would we do that?  His cap hit would be the same whether we keep him or not.  And he is a really good player.  There is no need to rush it.  Mack will get playing time. Let him develop.  This was a single preseason game.

If you pay attention, he did this at Alabama, he did this during camp as well, what if this is what he is. Develop what? He's already making plays, Darius Leonard came in making plays, why can't he?

Edited by MSURacerDT55

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I believe Sheehy is the 6th WR. Everybody likes him and he’s doing everything he should.

I don't know if you can keep Damon as a WR with all the other talent on this roster at that position. I loved that moment for the kid - given his journey to get here - but let's slow our roll and realize this was preseason game 1.

I am willing to agree with you if he continues to produce like last night. He will force his way onto the roster.

BTW - think Freddie was happy?

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If you pay attention, he did this at Alabama, he did this during camp as well, what if this is what he is. Develop what? He's already making plays, Darius Leonard came in making plays, why can't he?

He definitely could, but I’m not sure why we’d cut Kirksey either way.

I mean, he’s clearly one of our top 3-4 LB’s and there’s no financial benefit. 

There’s a lot to like with Mack Wilson, but let’s not overreact to one preseason game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I don't know if you can keep Damon as a WR with all the other talent on this roster at that position. I loved that moment for the kid - given his journey to get here - but let's slow our roll and realize this was preseason game 1.

I think if you feel he’s a legit return man you can keep him.

This team has left a lot of mean on the bone in the return game since Benjamin left really.  If this kid can show he’s able to provide big plays in the return game and cover kicks, cool.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think if you feel he’s a legit return man you can keep him.

This team has left a lot of mean on the bone in the return game since Benjamin left really.  If this kid can show he’s able to provide big plays in the return game and cover kicks, cool.

He didn't really have to show a lot; just basically ran straight down the field untouched.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He definitely could, but I’m not sure why we’d cut Kirksey either way.

I mean, he’s clearly one of our top 3-4 LB’s and there’s no financial benefit. 

There’s a lot to like with Mack Wilson, but let’s not overreact to one preseason game.

Not necessarily cut Kirksey, but the best players should be playing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomahawk said:

I wasn’t being serious about cutting him. But Mack has shown a lot. Kirk has been disappointing the last couple years. 

• Like 2

My Ohio roots make me kind of a Browns and Bengals fan as well as my many ties to both cities. I know it's the preseason but it's hard not to be pumped for you guys this year especially after seeing last night. Obviously rooting for that Sheehy kid as well. Didn't know his story but was so confused why the team mobbed him so late in the game after y'all were up so many already. Knew something else was up and I'm glad I did a little research. Kick *** story!

Good luck this year, I'll be watching!

• Like 4

I know it was one game but strong looks very good to me. I think he gets the #5 

We have a lot of talent to battle for that last spot. Crazy guys who won win the #6 spot, prolly would have been 4/5/6 guys for us 3 years ago 

• Like 2