2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Moore would get claimed.  Based off his play I wouldn't be heartbroken, but I'm guessing the Packers will want to give him more time.

What makes you think Moore would get claimed?  If he continues to have games like his previous I can't imagine him getting claimed. He dropped or almost dropped every single pass that hit his hands against Houston.  

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Who's against taking advantage of those spot?  You do understand that a player has to be cut before he's signed to the practice squad right?  The practice squad is exactly where Moore belongs.

Well you keep mentioning to cut him, but haven't mentioned practice squad. They are assumed as two different things in these conversations.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not many, but I think Rodgers can get a lot out of those types if he trusts them.  They are smart players, and he can help make them more productive than on the field.  That synergy with Rodgers is worth a ton.  

Are Geronimo/Kumerow better than 2015 Nelson/Jones in those regards?

Just now, cannondale said:

Well you keep mentioning to cut him, but haven't mentioned practice squad. They are assumed as two different things in these conversations.

It's not a very good assumption given a practice squad player has to be cut to be signed to the practice squad.  I've never once stated that Moore should be cut now.  The practice squad is exactly where he should be.

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

What makes you think Moore would get claimed?  If he continues to have games like his previous I can't imagine him getting claimed. He dropped or almost dropped every single pass that hit his hands against Houston.  

Just a hunch .. that 4th round draft status, size, and athletic ability would probably appeal to at least a few teams.  Teams always think they can fix a player, and it only takes one to snap him up.  That all said though, would it be a big loss?  Probably not.  Based on the play on the field it's hard to pound the table for the guy.  We'll find out soon enough how it plays out.

30 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

It wasn't very long ago that this board was complaining about receivers who couldn't separate because a lack of footspeed, Nelson and Jones, now we want Geronimo and Kumerow to both potentially be on the field at the same time?

I'd say build Kumerow value try to trade for an ILB around cutdowns.

We had lots of speed on the bench that weren't playing, namely Janis and Davis for example. There was no way that we were dropping Nelson, Adams or Cobb, they were firmly entrenched as starters.

I'd argue there were multiple reasons for our poor WR play rather than just one single reason such as footspeed. Scheme and predictability plays alot into our WR problems. Too many low percentage explosive plays, too few throws over the middle,  not enough passes to RBs,  not enough moving the chains, teams knowing exactly what coming and how to defend it. Slower footspeed obviously contributed and I also suspect poor route running and effort too from time to time. Not having a viable running game didn't help either as we were unable to draw players into the box to open up the field for WRs. Multiple reasons for why our passing game struggled. I haven't even touched on injuries and backup players knowledge of the offence. That contributed too.

Now some of the entrenched starters are out of the picture we have the opportunity to add speed and it looks like we're doing that with MVS. Gute has made a conscious effort to bring in quicker WRs and did so with Anime and Moore. Davis actually fits the situational deep threat profile like Goodwin and DeSean Jackson in this type of offence, maybe we will see him do that for us. Kumerow and Geronimo are not speedsters but they contribute in other ways such as route running, physical strength, leaping ability, hands, timing. Whatever but footspeed is not the be all and end all.

if we can improve on our schematic issues then we will see the passing game begin to open up more and even see slower footspeed players get consistently open.

Edited by Chili

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

It's not a very good assumption given a practice squad player has to be cut to be signed to the practice squad.  I've never once stated that Moore should be cut now.  The practice squad is exactly where he should be.

"Don't see why it's all that crazy of an idea that we cut Moore because he's a 4th round pick."

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Moore would get claimed.  Based off his play I wouldn't be heartbroken, but I'm guessing the Packers will want to give him more time.

Of all our WR camp darlings over the years that did not make the 53 we literally did not have a single WR claimed (yes even Charles Johnson). I wouldn't worry too much about Moore being claimed, in fact its far more likely he will make it through to our practice squad.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Are Geronimo/Kumerow better than 2015 Nelson/Jones in those regards?

Probably not, but the scheme was blamed for a lot of the failure of those wide receivers to get open.  The hope with the LaFleur scheme is that they will be able to create more separation thru play design.

34 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Because roster building is a zero- sum game and you can't let wide receiver fever cloud your judgement
If you keep 7 WRs, they won't all be active on game day. So you're taking a roster spot away from another needy area - just to have a healthy scratch on Sundays

We're also expecting to see more 21 and 12 personnel packages than in previous seasons -  and both of those take a WR off the field.
I'd guess its more likley that the MLF Packers keep 5 than 7 WRs. 6 might be the winner, but I'd bet against the Packers allocating 7 spots to WR

Agreed. 6 should be the number.

We have this debate every year - WR is the kind of position where you always have athletes you want to get more of in the roster. The coaches need to decide if Moore is fixable. If he isn't going to be usable this year at all then probably needs binning.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Of all our WR camp darlings over the years that did not make the 53 we literally did not have a single WR claimed (yes even Charles Johnson). I wouldn't worry too much about Moore being claimed, in fact its far more likely he will make it through to our practice squad.

Good point .. In an ideal world the practice squad would be a good place for him.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

"Don't see why it's all that crazy of an idea that we cut Moore because he's a 4th round pick."

Literally, the next sentence.  "Khyrie Thorton, Carl Bradford and Vince Biegel all didn't make the roster their second season."  

Does Kumerow play special teams? I don't track that. If he doesn't (and Moore does), Moore is an EAASSSYYY keep over Kumerow.

Realistically we will see 4 WRs take WR snaps. The top 3 are locks: Adams, Allison, MVS. Then there are 3 guys in the mix who could give valuable WR4 snaps IMO: ESB, Davis, Shepherd.

Then there are the ST guys: Davis, Moore?, Shepherd?

The more and more I look at this roster the less I see room for Kumerow.

Anyway just out of curiousity has Anime done anything in training camp yet. I've barely heard anything from him. Its all Adams, Kumerow, Allison and MVS right now.

He did a great job with the punt fumble TD but as a receiver I haven't heard a peep. Maybe i'm not looking. Are we sure his roster spot is safe?