Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

Lots of reasons why Foster may have gotten the axe now. He showed up out of shape, SDH showed up in shape, Holcomb is impressing, they’re closing in on a deal with a Manti Te’o or Josh Bynes, etc. 

I wasn’t looking forward to another season of Mason Foster, although it really would’ve been nice to have Reuben out there giving some punch to a duo with SDH. I’m not as mad at him as some are over the DMs comments, but he had run his course. The game has changed and his style of play is pretty outdated and easily exploited.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Lots of reasons why Foster may have gotten the axe now. He showed up out of shape, SDH showed up in shape, Holcomb is impressing, they’re closing in on a deal with a Manti Te’o or Josh Bynes, etc.

Except none of them have showed up yet. Travel day was tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Woz said:

And 2nd round ILB if none of the young guys turn out. Maybe even then.

Wasn’t the 2020 2nd traded to move up for Sweat?

As far as Foster. Just a big whatever from me. It frees up 4 million and I’d stick that right in Trents back pocket. Also could send a message to the other vets that jobs are on the line. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

As far as Foster. Just a big whatever from me. It frees up 4 million and I’d stick that right in Trents back pocket. Also could send a message to the other vets that jobs are on the line. 

Ya the 2nd is gone.

8 hours ago, Woz said:

Okay, if that's the plan, I do not want to see Dwayne Haskins take a snap this season. Offer up Keenum, McCoy, Josh Johnson, or even the hot dog guy as a sacrifice.

NO!!!

I'm okay with Keenum, McCoy or Johnson...but offering up the hotdog guy is just being mean.

13 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Yeah, I remembered that this morning when I was in the shower.

13 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Could go that route, could put it in Scherff's.

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

NO!!!

I'm okay with Keenum, McCoy or Johnson...but offering up the hotdog guy is just being mean.

I'm willing to give him his moment in the sun ... as he's staring up at it ... having just gotten blindsided because Flowers is (as my Giant fan colleagues put it) less valuable than a traffic cone.

17 hours ago, e16bball said:

I wasn’t looking forward to another season of Mason Foster, although it really would’ve been nice to have Reuben out there giving some punch to a duo with SDH. I’m not as mad at him as some are over the DMs comments, but he had run his course. The game has changed and his style of play is pretty outdated and easily exploited.

Apparently he was on his way to camp, and per his agent, this came out of the blue to their side.  Further, Keim reported that many inside the front office thought months ago that they were going to move on.  So what I thought was a chance for him to find a home before reporting, was in fact another blunder by the front office in personnel management.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Apparently he was on his way to camp, and per his agent, this came out of the blue to their side.  Further, Keim reported that many inside the front office thought months ago that they were going to move on.  So what I thought was a chance for him to find a home before reporting, was in fact another blunder by the front office in personnel management.  

tenor.gif

Your mistake was giving them the benefit of the doubt, instead of assuming the worst.

• Like 1