Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’ve watched most of the prospects that seem like realistic targets for April, now. Here’s my early handicapping:

Guys I’d be stoked about at #10:  
-CB Caleb Farley  
-CB Patrick Surtain  
-OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Guys I’d be stoked about in a trade down:  
-DT Christian Barmore  
-CB Jaycee Horn

Guy I can’t quite quit at #10, even though it might not be a great use of resources:  
-TE Kyle Pitts

Guys who are for sure worth #10, but I’d need to know more about Tyron and La’El before really considering them:  
-OT Penei Sewell  
-OT Rashawn Slater

Guys I’m out on in the first round:  
-OLB Micah Parsons  
-DE Gregory Rousseau  
-DE Kwity Paye  
-OLB Zaven Collins  
-DT Daviyon Nixon

Guys I’m ignoring until Cowboys give me a reason to pay attention (e.g., trading Dak or Gallup, cutting Tyron):  
-All QBs  
-All WRs  
-Non-Sewell and -Slater OL

Guys I love in round 2:   
-LB Nick Bolton   
-S Trevon Moehrig   
-CB Tyson Campbell

the only thing I disagree with are....    is if we trade down I am all in on getting Parsons OLB in round 1....

and with the extra 2nd can we get both Moehrig and Campbell....

9 hours ago, quiller said:

the only thing I disagree with are....    is if we trade down I am all in on getting Parsons OLB in round 1....

and with the extra 2nd can we get both Moehrig and Campbell....

I'm tired of our linebacker picks man.

Let's try the secondary for change.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

On 1/23/2021 at 12:54 PM, Northland said:

Sadly I think you may be right.  Although I think that as much as Dak will tow the company line and say the right thing if he gets franchised again this off season I think he plays the season in Dallas and looks to get a deal done elsewhere.

I agree. Dak clearly wants to stay in Dallas but he also displayed that he won't roll over either. After everything that happened in the last 3 years and especially this one.... if they dare tag him again.

Dak will be on another team next year.

Gonna be great when we get some goddamn resolution on this. I firmly believe the right move at this point is to pay him. And I'm even more convinced that the Jones family won't do it. So hopefully franchise and trade, that way everyone gets something.

22 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

so what was the excuse when the NFC East sucks every year as usual and we couldnt make the playoffs w Dak

47 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Matt are you serious? When was the last time the NFC East was actually good? The outlier Eagles team?

I feel like I live in an alternate universe than some people on here.

Dak has made the playoffs 2 or his 4 healthy seasons, and almost certainly would have made it 3/5 if he hadn’t been hurt this year. He’s missed the playoffs twice, and one of those years the division winner was the #1 seed who went on to win the Super Bowl.

Your statements just do not reflect reality.

10 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I feel like I live in an alternate universe than some people on here.

Dak has made the playoffs 2 or his 4 healthy seasons, and almost certainly would have made it 3/5 if he hadn’t been hurt this year. He’s missed the playoffs twice, and one of those years the division winner was the #1 seed who went on to win the Super Bowl.

Your statements just do not reflect reality.

And what was our reason for missing the other two seasons?

I'm not saying this to discredit Dak, I'm pointing out the results of lack of coaching under the previous regimes.

So our reality now is 2/4 playoff appearances & not even NFC conference championships?

What are we trying for exactly? If Superbowl expectations are indeed there then clearly we have been far away from it.

From 1995.

The BUCS have gone to the superbowl more than we have since then. THE BUCS.

Are we supposed to bathe in our mediocrity?

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'm not saying this to discredit Dak, I'm pointing out the results of lack of coaching under the previous regimes.

So our reality now is 2/4 playoff appearances & not even NFC conference championships?

What are we trying for exactly? If Superbowl expectations are indeed there then clearly we have been far away from it.

From 1995.

There's been one constant in all those years since our last NFC Championship appearance. It isn't Dak's fault our front office gives out bad contracts to one-and-done players, keeps players well past their prime, etc. 

4 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

From 1995.

You are just moving the goal posts. This isn’t even remotely what you said originally.