Preseason Week 3 GDT: The starters might actually play

ReggieCamp

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Doesn’t the NFL have a weird rule about 3rd string QBs not counting against the game day 53?

I think we should keep Gilbert + Stanton an place Blough on the PS.

Edit- It was abolished in 2011

Pretty sure that went away when the expanded the roster for dressing to 46. 

That's more what I expect to see in Tampa in late August

Friday's Forecast high - 92°; Low overnight into Saturday 77°; Humidity 76% at kickoff, growing to 91% overnight - nice and soupy. Probably reminds Freddie of Gadsen, AL.

I hope our squad is downing gallons and gallons of fluids today. Because if they aren't, and they expect to stay hydrated during the game - that ain't never gonna happen. We will have cramps galore.

I remember attending a local high school game on opening weekend several years back. It was the last weekend in August, and had been in the 90°s all week. The game kicked off at 7pm, and didn't finish until after 11. That was because it seemed like after every play, the officials had to stop play and let the trainers attend to another kid that was cramping. The concession stand ran out of fluids that night - it was bad.

So, yup, LGB - seeing the starters have extended burn this game would be nice, but the most important goal is getting out of Tampa with everyone healthy. Residue from cramps and sprains can really linger into the year, and that would suck on a major level.

One final note on the preseason - Dawg Pound Nation has been ripped off. IIRC, each team is responsible for setting their own preseason schedule. I will really be pissed if someone suffers a heat related injury on Friday, if we controlled our fate as to the schedule. Our home games were week 1 (where the starters only played a series) and week 4 (and I guarantee you the starters wont even sniff the field). I feel bad for those forced to buy these games as part of their season ticket packages to see guys who won't be here next week.

I know that you want to limit travel time in the preseason, you don't want to play regular season opponents, and especially, you don't want to play divisional opponents. But Tampa, AWAY in week 3? Would have been nice to have a home game in Weeks 2 or 3. Kansas City, New Orleans, Green Bay or Minnesota weren't available? Sheesh.

It is what is.