Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

Just now, Heinz D. said:

They found out from the internet, from exactly the same information we first received. Get ******* real. Booing Luck was absolutely classless. 

And these fans are drunk at the game reading the headline. Not some moral sober keyboard warrior white knight. 

They were angry and crushed. I’m sure 90% of them regret it. Crucifying them is worse than what they did in the moment. These are people too, like anyone else. I can guarantee this happens at any stadium across all 32 teams. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

You mean like cam Newton. He has been hurt, hit, banged up. He ain't retiring. I'm not saying luck is wrong. But players go through what he going through all the time. That's what fans see. This is shocking news cause it dont happens often. But some fans should think rationally to the news that they just wasted hundreds or thousands of dollars on season tickets, parking passes, and gear. 

Andrew didn't force them to spend that money. That's the risk you take when you get invested in sports to that degree. If Andrew was killed in a car accident, do you go to his funeral and boo his family? Where do you draw the line then for someone feeling "wronged" that their team is screwed because a player they wanted to watch is not not available? 

Never make it personal with sports. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

They should shut up and process. Then kill him on twitter for the rest of your life if he deserves it

Luck did not leak this story. He did not hide anything from them. He was going to have a presser on Sunday. He did absolutely nothing wrong.

To convict him without knowing the facts by booing is pathetic.

Also, anyone thinking Luck telling them 2 weeks ago would allow them to bring in a great QB is just delusional.

Josh McCown was not going to save their season.

Convict him. Oh god. It's a couple of boos. He didnt get sent to jail. They didnt throw trash at him. So freaking boos. Relax. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Rather than be mad at or justify the fans booing, we should all agree to be mad at the trust fund baby manchild who leaked the news to the media during the game against the wishes of the player so that the fans would boo him.

you can say it till your blue in the face, wont make it true. and its prob bad habit as you have zero clue what happened, your making blind assumptions which is just a dumb thing to do generally speaking.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Emotion comes before understanding. Basic human fault through our existence. 

Everyone has bad thoughts... turning it into bad behavior is what separates the good ones from the bad ones.

Alcohol does not help nor does it excuse.

None of us are saying these people should go to jail or get their season tickets revoked. They just embarrassed themselves and Luck did not deserve that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Nope.  They'll tank for Tua this year and leave you guys stuck picking another Oregon QB.

Except they actually have a pretty good team this year sans Luck so hopefully that won't play out. Next year will be the real question mark 

• Like 1

Luck did the team dirty by waiting this long, I’m not sure that’s even debatable. Yeah, he has the right to do as he pleases with his career and his body, but there’s no defending the timing of this. I can sympathize with him perhaps being ready to grind in February, March, April, and then getting overwhelmed come August - but that’s still on him and he still deserves some flak for that. 

I support Luck for making his decision and thinking of his future. He’s tired of being in pain all day and rehabbing for months on end, who wouldn’t. But I don’t support the timing, and I think it’s a reasonable reaction for some fans to boo the guy in that moment. Fans tend to take things overboard with death threats, trashing property, and calling out people like wives or kids. Booing isn’t really that far up the scale, even if it probably feels really awful for Luck.

Edited by Yin-Yang

I think a lot of the people who booed Luck are going to come to regret doing that.  But ultimately "how they feel about their actions" is for them to resolve since both the Colts (the organization and the players) and Andrew Luck are going to get over it fairly quickly.

People do dumb stuff they come to regret in the heat of the moment all the time.  It is generally not a permanent black mark on their souls.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Everyone has bad thoughts... turning it into bad behavior is what separates the good ones from the bad ones.

None of us are saying these people should go to jail or get their season tickets revoked. They just embarrassed themselves and Luck did not deserve that.

The "I was drunk" card. Quality elixir for bad behavior if I've ever seen one. :)

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

Just now, SkippyX said:

Lol. People make mistakes when angry. It doesnt make a person bad or good. If u cut a guy off on the highway and in his anger he flicks you off. It doesnt erase all his good deeds he has done in his life. Stop this nonsense trying to paint these fans as terrible human beings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaytrajik said:

Except they actually have a pretty good team this year sans Luck so hopefully that won't play out. Next year will be the real question mark 

Possibly.  Even with as good as their trenches are, I could see them finishing in the sub-6-or-7 wins category which won't be good for the #1 overall, but could fit them into the Top 10 and they actually have a GM now who knows what he's doing, and given the state of the team he could be quite willing to make the necessary mortgage to move up.  The Colts are going to end up in a situation/team-state not too different from where the Eagles were in the season prior to them trading up to draft Wentz.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And these fans are drunk at the game reading the headline. Not some moral sober keyboard warrior white knight. 

They were angry and crushed. I’m sure 90% of them regret it. Crucifying them is worse than what they did in the moment. These are people too, like anyone else. I can guarantee this happens at any stadium across all 32 teams. 

Basic human dignity and empathy doesn't equate at all to being a "sober keyboard warrior white knight". Also, calling the crowd's reaction "classless" (as I did) is NOT the same as "crucifying them" (as you claim). Read over what you've been posting. You're defending some pretty repugnant behavior. Doesn't matter how many stadiums it would occur at (although I guarantee it wouldn't be at all 32). 

• Like 2