Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

Are the Colts really in a worse spot because Luck retired now than if he sat out 10 games and came back?  If Brissett isn't your guy going forward, you're going to want that higher draft spot to draft whoever you hope will be.  Anything other than "Brissett is the guy" or "you need another guy" seems to be trying to draw into an inside straight.

If Luck has second thoughts in 2020, he can always unretire.

46 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If ppl want to boo someone, I’ll say it again - boo Ryan Grigson & Jim Irsay for letting this happen to Luck.   It’s historically awful GM work here for handling a young franchise QB (Mewhort wasn’t bad FWIW just unlucky with injuries but otherwise OMG terrible roster management)   

What scares me is that the first three years of the Deshaun Watson era in Houston is reading eerily similar to this...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The point is obviously that individual fans have the right to boo Luck because they write him an indirect check.(otherwise it is a useless tangent that has zero bearing on this conversation)

• they don't  pay him and they don't have the right to boo in the form of a personal attack unrelated to play on the field and we have the right to call them on it
    • and you have the right to not like that we don't like it

When fans die (they do every day) his check does not change.

If all fans stop showing up he still gets paid and the team moves to another city and still gets 1/32nd of the TV deal.

Its like a voter/tax payer thinking they should be able to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom once every 4 years (exaggeration for effect)

so i already asked you, point out where i said that. You cant because it wasnt said. You misconstrued and then keep on trying to take it further down the road that you misconstrued in the first place. This is nonsense. If your so confident just show me where i said that.

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so i already asked you, point out where i said that. You cant because it wasnt said. You misconstrued and then keep on trying to take it further down the road that you misconstrued in the first place. This is nonsense. If your so confident just show me where i said that.

Can you tell us what your point about Luck's salary being tied to league revenue is if it is not that fans have the right to boo?

I replied to your post as a furtherance of the fan/revenue tangent of our community conversation, not as a personal attack.

7 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Just went to an Fantasy draft tonight (50 bucks a head/12 heads)and a guy drafts Andrew Luck and literally a few mins later everybody's phone start blowing up saying Luck retired lol pretty insane

We drafted yesterday - the guy who drafted Luck sent me about five trade requests for Russell Wilson after the news broke. (I said no to each).

I grabbed Marlon Mack at the end of the 4th round yesterday - I think that's a great pick now, he's going to get a TON of work this season. 300+ carries is very much in play, pending health.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Can you tell us what your point about Luck's salary being tied to league revenue is if it is not that fans have the right to boo?

I replied to your post as a furtherance of the fan/revenue tangent of our community conversation, not as a personal attack.

i didnt personal, only that you were trying to say i was making a point that i simply wasnt. 

the point was players want fans to show up, invest time and money on the team but not be invested emotionally. Luck directly benefits from fans showing that commitment. So while it was an unfortunate moment, its not unexpected that fans who spend money they work hard for and time away from family are upset that they lost any realistic chance for success this year. That is a far, far cry from saying "fans pay lucks salary so they can do what they want".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Gottlieb is a truly awful human. He stole 3 credit cards from fellow students while at Notre Dame so he could buy jewelry, eat out, and get some sporting goods.

• Daddy and good lawyers are why he did not go to jail.

He's not awful for his mistakes. He is awful because he passes ignorant judgement with pathetic hot takes like this after his own crimes.

I have no idea who likes him or listens to his show or why they do either.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Colts will put him on the Reserve/Retired list, so if he were to rescind his retirement he would still be under contract with the Colts.

Yes but at this point might be better for them to move on if he unretires and let's say Brissett has a good season.