Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

We drafted yesterday - the guy who drafted Luck sent me about five trade requests for Russell Wilson after the news broke. (I said no to each).

When Wilson goes down in week 1 with a season ending injury, you're gonna think to yourself: "Ya know, I could use that guys best WR, RB (or whomever he was offering....) right about now :)

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

And the GM tried this year just got sniped for Dillard Rd1 and panicked on LT.  

Quick aside - Tytus Howard is a LG. Not a LT. He can kick outside and play LT, but I think the long term play is he's going to play G.

The Texans did do the next best thing in bringing in QB coach Carl Smith to the fold - if you can't trade for Duane Brown, then bring in the guy who helped Wilson develop...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

When Wilson goes down in week 1 with a season ending injury, you're gonna think to yourself: "Ya know, I could use that guys best WR, RB (or whomever he was offering....) right about now :)

No, it wasn't his best anything, TBH. This guy is the guy who thinks quantity is an acceptable substitute for quality; He's offering me Matt Breida and Mitch Trubisky for Wilson, thinking 2 > 1...

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No, it wasn't his best anything, TBH. This guy is the guy who thinks quantity is an acceptable substitute for quality; He's offering me Matt Breida and Mitch Trubisky for Wilson, thinking 2 > 1...

Every now and then it works though.  Last year I was offered Conner, Juju, Kittle in week 3 for Bell and Hopkins

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Every now and then it works though.  Last year I was offered Conner, Juju, Kittle in week 3 for Bell and Hopkins

If I had any faith in Breida or Tru, I'd agree.

I have no faith in Tru. Breida has too much ahead of him with Coleman there now.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

If I had any faith in Breida or Tru, I'd agree.

I have no faith in Tru. Breida has too much ahead of him with Coleman there now.

Definitely.  I'm in a dynasty league, and that guy was verging on a lot of WR problems and no stud RB.  I also had no TE's (I was starting Jesse James).

One guy in my league got hit hard by this.  Had Manning retire on him, replaced him with Flacco, then when Flacco went out he traded Josh Allen/Evan Engram/Brandon Cooks for Luck and Baldwin.

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

Josh McDaniels is a villain for backing out coaching Indy, but Luck gets a pass for retiring like a week before the season opener?

A bit different when you're putting your body on the line on a weekly basis and suffering from constant injuries.

Plus at least Andrew Luck contributed to the Colts.