Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

It wouldn't surprise me if Luck stuck with this decision, given everything he could do outside of the game, but I expect he'll be back.  Definitely not this season, and I could see him missing 2020 too.  But I think he'll be back by 2021.  I'm sure he thought this through and all, but it's still a decision he made in 2 weeks. 

If his body is feeling better 2 years from now, I think he'd be willing to play a couple of more seasons.

5 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Perfect. We have an expert on the panel. What do you think about Rob Gronkowski retiring early? (Also injury prone and younger then Luck)  

Weak Coward? You likely agree

Gronk played out the season and retired shortly after the Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Perfect. We have an expert on the panel. What do you think about Rob Gronkowski retiring early? (Also injury prone and younger then Luck)  

Weak Coward? You likely agree

Tbf, gronk plays a more physically demanding role and his body was going to break down by his early 30s regardless of the injuries he’s dealt with

the thing that’s so jarring about Luck is most of us thought he had another 10+ years as a starting QB, at a high level, could be hundreds of millions of dollars, and is coming off his best year ever 

Even if gronk wanted to he didn’t have more than a year or two left and at a diminished level, luck was at the top of his game with many years seemingly left 

13 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Luck finally figured out the Colts aren’t actually an NFL Franchise. @ramssuperbowl99

the way they ignored the OL all the years he got hurt makes this look good on the colts. This will be the example for teams that want to have their QB retire early. 

13 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Colts have failed him, Irsay is an awful human being who talked about Luck basically "milking" a significant shoulder injury, and he's been significantly injured repeatedly. Not hard to see why he'd just say "dude no more". 

Irsay would be a good reason to retire then that's for sure ,  if he said this.  Irsay and the GM could have helped Luck more early on , so altogether I can make some sense out of this other than just the injuries ;)

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Tbf, gronk plays a more physically demanding role and his body was going to break down by his early 30s regardless of the injuries he’s dealt with

the thing that’s so jarring about Luck is most of us thought he had another 10+ years as a starting QB, at a high level, could be hundreds of millions of dollars, and is coming off his best year ever 

Even if gronk wanted to he didn’t have more than a year or two left and at a diminished level, luck was at the top of his game with many years seemingly left 

Luck played an entire season with a torn labrum, played through a lacerated kidney but because his position is “easier” his retirement is weak and cowardly?