Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

3 hours ago, Elky said:

Josh McDaniels is a villain for backing out coaching Indy, but Luck gets a pass for retiring like a week before the season opener?

Yes. It's very simple, actually.

When Luck retires, the Colts will lose games, but nobody will get fired - in fact, that entire coaching staff just got a mulligan on the entire season. The Colts could go 0-16, nobody would bat an eye and everyone gets a shot at 2020. If the Colts manage to put together a winning season, those coaches and FO guys are in line for a pretty big promotions elsewhere.

When McDaniels did it? He had already hired his staff in Indy, so there's no guarantee that Frank Reich will want to keep them around when he took th gig. Guys had to update their resumes on the fly in hope to either catch on with their old job/programs - which is no doubt a demotion compared to what they were walking into with a McDaniels-led Colts organization. 

You're not even comparing apples and oranges, you're comparing apples and airplanes. C'mon now.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

uhhhh

My b, White Ranger. Haven't kept up to speed with the backup situation in Duval...but, BUT... I also didn't know that Chad "Swag" Kelly is now the backup to the Colts gig.

This being said, Mariota IS better than Gardner Minshew. So, there's that.

Watson - Foles - Tannehill - Brissett - Swag - McCarron - Mariota - Minshew

Better?

55 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Pr move. Irsay definitely leaked the news during the preseason game on purpose

ive already gone over this. Explain how youre so certain it was irsay and not on of the 30 other people (on the low end) who very likely heard through a grapevine. Like is there something im missing or are people that desperate to blame irsay?

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"Hey Andrew, as a small act of our appreciation for you, despite the fact that we single-handedly ruined your promising career, we're not going to take back the $24M we're owed. We hope this will smooth things out moving forward! Best, Jim Irsay"

Seriously, the way the Colts handled Luck's career and his injuries is one of the biggest clown shows I've ever seen. From absolutely ignoring the OL during his younger years to absolutely botching his injury rehab and timelines afterwards, why would anyone want to play for that organization?

he isn't the only player in this league to have issues with team "doctors" etc.  Maybe the nflpa will eventually target this as a player safety issue in the future.  How many of us here had to retire at 29? Makes me glad I never became a nfl player.

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Colts aren't taking all that money back either. Wow, that's a surprisingly nice move. Really that has nothing to do with the cap though right and pretty much just 100% coming out of ownership right?

That is money already paid. $18.4 million dead money for 2019 and $6.4 million dead money for 2020