Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

Just now, iknowcool said:

When is losing a franchise QB not a major inconvenience lol 

There is nothing else the Colts could have done about this even if they knew at the time of the draft.  

And again, the plan was for him to miss major time whether he came back or not.

Now he just doesnt come back. Jacoby has been getting all the first team reps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

It's the timing that irks me. If he did this earlier in the offseason that's fine. But doing this a week before thecopener is a major inconvenience to the team.

How there is rumblings that this has been a possibility since march. The team knew it was a possibility Jacoby was getting the reps. 

Timing  is a made up thing when it comes to the NFL. The fans that buy season tickets are the only ones I emphasize with, but once you miss a year due to a significant shoulder injury careers are usually year to year after  that point imo.

8 minutes ago, Elky said:

It's the timing that irks me. If he did this earlier in the offseason that's fine. But doing this a week before thecopener is a major inconvenience to the team.

The guy wasn't even practicing. What the heck are you talking about? What difference does it make really in the grand scheme of things? It doesn't drastically swing your potential win total at all whether he said it a week before the season or 2 months.

• Like 1

Here’s an idea - The Giants trade Eli Manning to the Colts.

Hear me out. It’s only a matter of time before Daniel Jones is the starting quarterback for the Giants. But Eli can still perform at a decent level given he has some talent around him, which the Colts have. He threw for 4300 yards and had 66% completions last year. No better way for Eli to win his third championship than with his brother’s old team. The cost? A second round pick.

I shall await your correspondence by the telephone.

Edited by Gmen

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

Hear me out. It’s only a matter of time before Daniel Jones is the starting quarterback for the Giants. But Eli can still perform at a decent level given he has some talent around him, which the Colts have. He threw for 4300 yards and had 66% completions last year. No better way for Eli to win his third championship than with his brother’s old team. The cost? A second round pick.

Brissett is still the better option for the Colts. And a second round pick is absurd.

2 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I'd love to see it happen. Cost seems a little high. You could maybe work your way to a conditional (16 games, Pro Bowl, playoffs, something like that)

18 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

And again, the plan was for him to miss major time whether he came back or not.

Now he just doesnt come back. Jacoby has been getting all the first team reps.

If anything the Colts fans should’ve been informed enough to realise that he wasn’t practicing and wasn’t taking reps to realise  this season he wasn’t gonna he fully available 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Hypothetical question to the group of people who think Luck is a coward? 

Would you have more respect for Luck retiring right now? 

Or if he made a significant game changing mistake due to being hesitant in an important playoff game? And retired shortly after?

... Is this about Cam not diving for the fumble?

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

... Is this about Cam not diving for the fumble?

Not at all I respect Cam as a player I think he's given the game everything he has had. I wouldn't be shocked if his career ends unscripted due to the beatings he's taken throughout his career.

There's no right answer to retirement. 

Edited by thebestever6

13 minutes ago, Gmen said:

You make me laugh Gmen <3

16 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Eli has no trade value when everyone and their mother knows Jones is the future and the Giants would be lucky to get someone to take his salary. 6th or 7th rd pick as a throw in at best.