Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

Not to mention gronk had nothing left to prove.  Already a first ballot HOF multiple time sb champ and one of the goat.

Luck had the opportunity to be a HOF and lead his team to a SB if he stuck around but instead will be remember as a disappointment who was a good player but didn’t live up to the hype 

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Not to mention gronk had nothing left to prove.  Already a first ballot HOF multiple time sb champ and one of the goat.

Luck had the opportunity to be a HOF and lead his team to a SB if he stuck around but instead will be remember as a disappointment who was a good player but didn’t live up to the hype 

Didn’t live up to the hype? Disappointment? Based on what? Dude absolutely lived up to the hype and more and did so with a terrible head coach for the most part and an awful OL. Pretty much never had a run game. The takes in this thread are so bad lol

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

The post you quoted was responding to a user who said Luck was a weak coward, seemed like you were defending that. 

All I’m saying is the gronk comparison isn’t really relevant 

age aside, gronk had nothing left in the tank and nothing to prove

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah man, you tell em’....while you sit on your couch watching football not having your body beat to shreds. 

Best tweet I saw all day:

"My neighbor while watching someone else mow his 1/4 acre yard: 'Luck is so soft'."

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Didn’t live up to the hype? Disappointment? Based on what? Dude absolutely lived up to the hype and more and did so with a terrible head coach for the most part and an awful OL. Pretty much never had a run game. The takes in this thread are so bad lol

Because when you draft a QB #1 overall you want that guy to be your QB for 15 years and win a ring

at the end of the day, Luck was a top QB in the nfl for a few years but will still be viewed as a disappointment if this is the end for him.  That’s just reality tbh

10 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Colts will put him on the Reserve/Retired list, so if he were to rescind his retirement he would still be under contract with the Colts.

This is true. But if the Colts were to draft another Top 10 QB, there investment would be too great in said player to role with another QB, especially one that retired on you at a moments whim and could do so again.

Other teams would be interested in trading picks, but this debacle and Luck’s health would lower his trade demands from what he could’ve gotten them prior to this announcement. If I’m a team I would give a 2nd but not a 1st, because I wouldn’t know exactly what mentality I’m buying into.

5 minutes ago, mission27 said:

He led some crappy rosters to the playoffs 3 years in a row advancing further every year. If not for Mahomes (and possibly Brees) last year he had serious consideration for MVP

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Opportunity is such a loosely used term. The Colts as an organization failed Luck in my opinion which is also loosely used.

I think him coming off the season he just had paints the wrong  picture to to fans saying he had so many years left. No one can say what he was going through physically especially as the weather changes he didn't look amazing  in that Chiefs game. It's impressive that he rebounded last year the way he did I just don't think that's sustainable. Clearly Luck didn't that's why he's walking away. 

Edited by thebestever6

Just now, Wyld Stallyns said:

He led some crappy rosters to the playoffs 3 years in a row advancing further every year. If not for Mahomes (and possibly Brees) last year he had serious consideration for MVP

Don’t get me wrong I love Luck and honestly thought he would take over as consensus best QB in the nfl within a few years

he was a great player 

but the narrative will always be what could have been 

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Opportunity is such a loosely used term. The Colts as an organization failed Luck in my opinion which is also loosely used.

I think him coming off the season he just had paints the wrong  picture to to fans saying he had so many years left. No one can say what he was going through physically especially as the weather changes he didn't look amazing  in that Chiefs game. It's impressive that he rebounded last year the way he did I just don't think that's sustainable. 

At the end of the day, he’s a quarterback 

we’ve seen guys like manning come back from nearly being paralyzed to win MVPs at 38 or whatever

If he had the desire to continue playing for 10 years, sure he’d have to battle through injuries and maybe not be the same guy and risk life and limb and his happiness and the rest of his life, but that was an option

he made the choice that he didn’t have any passion left to do that... and said as much.  Not judging him for that, but it is a very surprising decision in the world of pro sports

a guy like gronk was just not going to be a very good player in a year or two.  So he maybe gave up one or two more good years, as already a shadow of his former self.  That’s a lot different than a decade and a few hundred mil from a guy at the top of his position.  Again not judging the guy, it’s his decision, but it’s a shocking one tbh