Trade Rumors

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:
7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not sure where he'd actually fit in but Come on Home Shady if you're Cut? Might as well complete the Chip Kelly Tri-fecta!

Howie, DeSean, Lesean

Come on if there’s a former Eagle legend RB you want to bring back from BUF it’s clearly Frank “Fly Eagles 🦅 Fly” Gore. 

Yes but only if its for less then 24 hrs? No need tempting fate or mocking the Gods!

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Maybe we see a 3 team trade? They happen, but they're rare.

Redskins trade Trent Williams to Houston

Texans Trade Clowney to Miami

Miami trades 1st Rd Draft pick to Washington

Everybody wins! 😎

I wish the NFL was more like the NBA in that regard. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Maybe we see a 3 team trade? They happen, but they're rare.

Redskins trade Trent Williams to Houston

Texans Trade Clowney to Miami

Miami trades 1st Rd Draft pick to Washington

Everybody wins! 😎

Solid idea, but if it’s true he has no interest in Miami, it dies there

On 8/25/2019 at 10:04 PM, pnies20 said:

Wow has tunsil been that good?

On 8/25/2019 at 10:11 PM, ET80 said:

Everything I've read is that he's a below average run blocker, but is an ascending pass blocker - the Texans OL is adequate at run blocking, so bringing in a pass blocking LT who is young and on a rookie contract is manna from heaven.

And to boot - apparently it’s not HOU that is balking at that scenario it’s the MIA FO.  And given the $ involved I can’t blame them.  

Edited by Broncofan

6 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I wish the NFL was more like the NBA in that regard. 

It happens more in the NBA due to the way the CBA structures the NBA's cap, out of necessity to make the money work. In the NFL it's far more about tangible assets. Expiring contracts aren't an asset in this league, only time a team took on money for assets was the Browns taking the Broncos pick for Osweiler payout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Expiring contracts aren't an asset in this league, only time a team took on money for assets was the Browns taking the Broncos pick for Osweiler payout.

*Texans, not Broncos. It eventually turned into RB Nick Chubb. 

Not that I'm keeping track...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Re: Shady McCoy, the Bills would be nuts to keep him on their roster this year at his current contact savings of 6.4M (2.6M guaranteed of his 9M cap hit).  But it complicates any trade.   Unless a team wants him desperately and doesn’t want to risk waiver claims - they can save a ton of $ by letting BUF cut him.   

It might take another piece that is so tempting for a team to take on McCoy’s contract.   Like a higher pick return than face value for Clowney or a cheap 2nd asset.    But it would be surprising to see McCoy alone getting much in return pick wise given his salary.    

If I'm the Braintrust in Houston, I'm offering a 5th round pick for Shady + a 3rd round pick. This is a bad contract, and I'll (in essence) buy that 3rd round pick for the cost of that contract.

It's an "Osweiler". You give me a pick, I'll take on a bad contract in its entirety.

Shady McCoy would probably be a huge help in the run game for Houston, but that's not the issue here - I'll still need a sweetner to take on close to $10mm.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Re: Shady McCoy, the Bills would be nuts to keep him on their roster this year at his current contact savings of 6.4M (2.6M guaranteed of his 9M cap hit).  But it complicates any trade.   Unless a team wants him desperately and doesn’t want to risk waiver claims - they can save a ton of $ by letting BUF cut him.   

It might take another piece that is so tempting for a team to take on McCoy’s contract.   Like a higher pick return than face value for Clowney or a cheap 2nd asset.    But it would be surprising to see McCoy alone getting much in return pick wise given his salary.    

Still not going to happen. (I mean obviously it could, but I would put it at less than 1% chance).

Bills aren't in any cap constraints and McCoy has been getting all first team reps at camp and practice. He and Gore showed in week 3 that splitting each series could do wonders for them both at this stage in their career.

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If I'm the Braintrust in Houston, I'm offering a 5th round pick for Shady + a 3rd round pick. This is a bad contract, and I'll (in essence) buy that 3rd round pick for the cost of that contract.

It's an "Osweiler". You give me a pick, I'll take on a bad contract in its entirety.

Shady McCoy would probably be a huge help in the run game for Houston, but that's not the issue here - I'll still need a sweetner to take on close to $10mm.

Keep in mind it's 6.4M HOU is taking on, not 9.1M.   BUF can't avoid the 2.7M dead cap charge even with a trade, that's on their books already.  So I don't think that's going to entice them nearly as much. 

As @Trentwannabe mentioned, the Bills are using Shady a lot on 1st team, and their cap situation isn't dire, so a timeshare and standing pat for Week 1 makes sense.  The X-Factor of course is that Shady himself can't be too happy with that type of usage, he's pretty much killing what little UFA value he has if he's seen only to be a timeshare guy.  Even Demarco Murray was able to extract one last 2-3 year deal for 5-6M AAV with TEN, convincing them that he had enough in the tank to be the lead over Derrick Henry (bad, bad decision there).   Shady making noise about being dealt AFTER Buf keeps him on their roster (and guarantees the 6.4M left), that would be the next move I see happening if things go down as described (Gore/McCoy timeshare).

9 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Still not going to happen. (I mean obviously it could, but I would put it at less than 1% chance).

Bills aren't in any cap constraints and McCoy has been getting all first team reps at camp and practice. He and Gore showed in week 3 that splitting each series could do wonders for them both at this stage in their career.

I totally get that BUF is under the cap with a lot of room - so giving him away isn't something they are forced to do.   It may in fact come down to BUF keeping him on the 53-man roster - and then dealing in-season - and by doing so, they absorb some of the $$ hit.    Right now, the roster cuts other teams can make with younger, cheaper guys doesn't put BUF in a great seller position, unless HOU (or another buyer) are convinced McCoy is a perfect fit for whatever RB they lose.  

I would seriously be shocked if Shady ended the 2019 reg. season on the BUF roster.  But yeah, I get why the 53-man roster deadline isn't a hard & fast one for BUF, either.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think any team acquiring LeSean would only be taking on a cap hit of the aforementioned $6.4 Million. The $9M Cap hit - $2.6M in dead money the Bills have. You also have to consider he's a free agent after this season. He's not a bad 1 year rental, but I wouldn't give up anything of significant value for him right now.

On 8/26/2019 at 12:41 AM, Kiltman said:

No one is officially on the block for the eagles.

but many reporters have put forth possibilities of some guys due to depth of the roster.

Vaitai (OT/OG) has trade value, they won’t give him away. But for a 4th or more they would at least listen.  Since that’s around what they could expect as a comp pick at some point.

Wisnewski (interior OL) could be available for a team in need of a Vet with starting experience. Would be super low level. Trading him would actually get more money off the books so they might just do it for a conditional 7th or pick swap.

Smallwood and Adams (RB) have been talked about as throw ins for teams like the Texans who might need a runner and won’t have waiver priority. They don’t really carry much value themselves. 

Agholor is on the last year of his deal and will have his role in the slot shrink this year as the eagles go two tight ends more. Was the talk of a lot of trade discussions earlier, but would take a good offer to do it.

some weird rumblings with Alshon being potentially traded. I think him and Carson have never fully clicked, but they’ve been on opposite healing cycles a lot. Some speculation he was one of the guys frustrated with Wentz and talking on that report besides the obvious one being Golden Tate. Again would have to be big to do it, trading a top weapon when you have eyes on the Super Bowl is counterintuitive. Would have to be for a player.

we also have corners aplenty, and could probably move at least one.

I don't get the comp pick counterbalance unless you are 100% sure you will not dip into FA yourself.  It works for the Pats and Ravens as neither team historically is a big player in FA.  The eagles on the other hand do use free agency.   It is not worth handcuffing your self in FA to get a 5th now rather than a end of the 4th as a comp. and that is if he is a 9mill a year player which he is not.   If you think his market is 6-7 mill that is likely a fifth in two years vs say a 6th this spring. 

10 minutes ago, patman said:

I don't get the comp pick counterbalance unless you are 100% sure you will not dip into FA yourself.  It works for the Pats and Ravens as neither team historically is a big player in FA.  The eagles on the other hand do use free agency.   It is not worth handcuffing your self in FA to get a 5th now rather than a end of the 4th as a comp. and that is if he is a 9mill a year player which he is not.   If you think his market is 6-7 mill that is likely a fifth in two years vs say a 6th this spring. 

The way Howie roster builds now is he trades low assets or signs cut guys when he can, the backup to that being we add vets on 1 year deals.
So when they leave they take the blows of the next years middle tier guys we sign. So if we have a Foles, or a Trey Burton, or Golden Tate hitting the market..their higher comp pick is safe.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I totally get that BUF is under the cap with a lot of room - so giving him away isn't something they are forced to do.   It may in fact come down to BUF keeping him on the 53-man roster - and then dealing in-season - and by doing so, they absorb some of the $$ hit.    Right now, the roster cuts other teams can make with younger, cheaper guys doesn't put BUF in a great seller position, unless HOU (or another buyer) are convinced McCoy is a perfect fit for whatever RB they lose.  

I would seriously be shocked if Shady ended the 2019 reg. season on the BUF roster.  But yeah, I get why the 53-man roster deadline isn't a hard & fast one for BUF, either.

Buffalo had the opportunity to move him last season and didn't despite zero playoff hope. For better or worse the Bills think they can push for a WC and Shady, as said by GM Brandon Beane several times, is going to be a big part of that. There is no reason for the Bills to move on from Shady now. 

The only time this becomes news or speculation and when someone randomly post his cap numbers. Which again, like we agreed is not an issue for the Bills and hardly a reason to move him.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Buffalo had the opportunity to move him last season and didn't despite zero playoff hope. For better or worse the Bills think they can push for a WC and Shady, as said by GM Brandon Beane several times, is going to be a big part of that. There is no reason for the Bills to move on from Shady now. 

The only time this becomes news or speculation and when someone randomly post his cap numbers. Which again, like we agreed is not an issue for the Bills and hardly a reason to move him.

Well the key difference with last year is that door B last year were Chris Ivory, Marcus Moore & then Keith Ford.   Gore, Yeldon & Singletary appear to be huge upgrades on last year’s backup plan. 

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well the key difference with last year is that door B last year were Chris Ivory, Marcus Moore & then Keith Ford.   Gore, Yeldon & Singletary appear to be huge upgrades on last year’s backup plan. 

I think Yeldon is the odd man out, TBH.