Trade Rumors

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I don’t really get why they moved him if he showed what he showed

The 49ers? 

New staff. He was a terrible fit for Shanny's run game scheme and we drafted McGlinchey. I secretly also think that the staff was annoyed with his nuisance injuries. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Got that pats/SB bump, he leveled out that seemed like the biggest change. Plus the switch to LT gets some extras with attention and $$$.

Linemen never get the spotlight, especially if they don’t play on good teams. Unless they are the one great thing on a team like Joe Thomas

I don’t really get why they moved him if he showed what he showed

couple of things. poor scheme fit, replacement drafted and it had to do with the JG trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The 49ers? 

New staff. He was a terrible fit for Shanny's run game scheme and we drafted McGlinchey. I secretly also think that the staff was annoyed with his nuisance injuries. 

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

couple of things. poor scheme fit, replacement drafted and it had to do with the JG trade.

Gotcha

Report: Jadeveon Clowney would prefer to play for Eagles (John McClain)

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/report-jadeveon-clowney-would-prefer-play-eagles

That much was made very clear by Houston Chronicle Texans reporter John McClain on Friday afternoon during an interview on 94WIP with Jon Marks and Ike Reese.

"We believe he would want to go to the Eagles," McClain said. "He would want to play for Jim Schwartz. He would want to play for a Super Bowl contender."

McLain's information comes after a reporter earlier in the week -- also from the Chronicle -- revealed that Clowney would prefer to go to the Eagles or the Seattle Seahawks as opposed to the Miami Dolphins.

"He does not want to go to Miami," McClain said, before predicting the saga will end with Clowney in Houston since Philadelphia does not have the assets to make a deal happen

One of the top reporters in the NFL, McClain has been all over the Clowney story since it first started earlier this offseason. 

"Howie (Roseman) wants it all to be favorable to the Eagles" McClain said, "but you have to give to get"

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Tunsil for Clowney and a first round pick?

How is no one talking about this?

Don't think Laremy Tunsil has that kind of value, unless he's improved drastically.  I believe the last I heard is that the Texans were wanting a 2nd+ for Jadeveon Clowney, so this would essentially be giving up a FRP and SRP for Tunsil.  That's too much.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Don't think Laremy Tunsil has that kind of value, unless he's improved drastically.  I believe the last I heard is that the Texans were wanting a 2nd+ for Jadeveon Clowney, so this would essentially be giving up a FRP and SRP for Tunsil.  That's too much.

Tunsil is quickly and I guess quietly on his way to becoming the best LT in the game, and still has 2 years left on his contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Report: Jadeveon Clowney would prefer to play for Eagles (John McClain)

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/report-jadeveon-clowney-would-prefer-play-eagles

At this point, I'm thinking nothing is going to happen. Clowney won't go to Miami, Texans won't deal him to Philly unless it's for a haul (not THE haul) and Clowney will be out until about week six, so he can get his accrued season.

Will the Texans tag him NEXT off-season? Who knows.

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hence the incredible contract. He's looked very damn good fwiw. Hopefully Cable's stink doesn't get to him.

Have you seen him on Hardknocks? they only showed him once, but holy **** he looked like he was 450 lbs. You could see his giant belly jiggle just from walking. He has always had weight/motivation issues. He is generally a pretty soft player, which is why we traded him. He came into camp every year overweight. every year. 

Rumors are Texans and Jets are seeking possible RB depth via possible trades, nothing official, I'm sure someone already mentioned this and Colts clearly arent okay with their QB depth as they are trying out multiple options at the position, at least according to reports.

Idk if the Colts will consider trading for one or not.

The Clowney thing is facsinating. Nobody would be stupid enough to anger him over 1.5 million by pretending he is not a DE but Houston’s GM is nobody.

Clowney is not holding out, he just does not like / is insulted by the Texans horrible attitude and will sign when he feels like doing so. Maybe it’s 1 day before the deadline for the season to count ( week 9 maybe?) or maybe he LeVeon’s the season ( not a good idea financially). 

Its actually better for a team like Philly if the trade happens in October because they save a million a game off their cap compared to taking him now. This would be different for a team that needs him to make them good instead of a very good team that he might make great.

I am not sure the guy’s head is on straight, but I am sure that Houston is headless.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Rumors are Texans and Jets are seeking possible RB depth via possible trades, nothing official, I'm sure someone already mentioned this and Colts clearly arent okay with their QB depth as they are trying out multiple options at the position, at least according to reports.

Idk if the Colts will consider trading for one or not.

Hopefully they like Burkhead.