Why should I watch?

biggio7

On 8/26/2019 at 7:40 PM, biggio7 said:

This is a different thread that I don't think I saw something similar to this. It's a thread for people who need to almost be talked into watching movies they have never seen before or something like that. No specific genre.

I'm going to start off with Star Wars. I've seen some of almost every movie. But, I just can't seem to get into. I'm willing to give it chances especially with all the newer movies and then the Clone Wars movie or show? But, I'm curious about what order should I watch, things like that.

Again, not a Star Wars thread but it's just where I'm starting this thread off.

convince me to convince you 

16 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

boasts the most well rounded and intimidating villain in cinema history. Vader is the bar in which all cinema villains are measured. He is complex, has a complicated connection with the protagonist (so not only is he a physical threat, he also is a threat to turn the good guys bad), and you legitimately fear for anyone face to face with him on either side of the coin.

he becomes much less badass when you get more in the details of his suit.

check out this video. 

(this also may be an excuse to show some  RLM videos)

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 11:25 AM, MKnight82 said:

Watch in order: A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, Force Awakens.  Skip The Last Jedi altogether.  Then if you're still digging it watch Rogue One and Solo.  I can't comment on Clone Wars cartoon I've never watched it.  

I'd agree with this order with a minor caveat.  Watch the original trilogy (skip the special edition), and if you like that, move on to the others.  If you really like it, that order is good.  If you just think it's OK, skip the prequels and watch Rogue One and The Force Awakens.  If you like the action and music, and aren't really into it otherwise, then watch the prequels.

Under no circumstances would I recommend The Last Jedi.  There's nothing redeeming about that movie, whether you love or hate Star Wars.

On 8/27/2019 at 5:39 PM, biggio7 said:

This is why I started the thread to get these ideas out there. I know that everyone feels differently about those movies but if I had an idea on order, which was great and helpful! I appreciate stuff like that. @MKnight82

There's a thing called "Machete Order" which goes A New Hope, ESB, then Clones, Sith, ending with ROTJ. I say you go straight chronological and start with Rogue One, which may be the best SW movie (though I haven't seen Solo). 

17 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

There's a thing called "Machete Order" which goes A New Hope, ESB, then Clones, Sith, ending with ROTJ. I say you go straight chronological and start with Rogue One, which may be the best SW movie (though I haven't seen Solo). 

Empire is way better than Rogue one.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

watching Rogue One without the context of the New Hope would be baffling.

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. Incredibly choppy and you never really know the timelines lol. They all suck.

Every time Chewbacca yells, Harrison Ford always has to follow up with "Good point Chewy! But we've gotta go near the asteroid field!"

The dialogue is so bad it's basically the Pokemon TV show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Every time Chewbacca yells, Harrison Ford always has to follow up with "Good point Chewy! But we've gotta go near the asteroid field!"

The dialogue is so bad it's basically the Pokemon TV show.

Not too mention some close call Joe Dirt level near incest lol

• Like 1

I like Return of the Jedi the best, even though it has structural flaws.

Jedi

A New Hope

Empire

Force Awakens

Solo

The Last Jedi (hot mess)

Rogue One

Return of the Sith (or whatever)

Attack of the Colons

Phantom Menace

Edited by Malfatron