Preseason Week 4: Raiders @ Seahawks

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Ateman making the team would be an upset.

westbrooks deserves a spot but hall will get his spot due to his draft position. 

There was a little discussion on Pj hall being a Reggie pick if that’s the case he’s probably gone with the Liuget signing

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

There was a little discussion on Pj hall being a Reggie pick if that’s the case he’s probably gone with the Liuget signing

Hall and Parker both were awful picks. 4th - 5th round grades on both and frankly, if they were drafted where they were suppose to be, both would be cut later today. Draft position may be the only thing that saves them. 

Terrible class and strategy last year. Hurst and Key are about all that's left to potentially rise from a terrible class. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Hall and Parker both were awful picks. 4th - 5th round grades on both and frankly, if they were drafted where they were suppose to be, both would be cut later today. Draft position may be the only thing that saves them. 

Parker was certainly a terrible pick but I disagree about Hall. Hall flashed in the preseason and made some plays in the backfield. This is only his third season as an interior DL and he had a steep learning curve last year making the jump from FCS to the NFL. Athletically he's one of the most physically gifted DT's in the league and his pre-draft numbers are similar to Aaron Donald and Ed Oliver's numbers despite being 15 pounds heavier than those two. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Parker was certainly a terrible pick but I disagree about Hall. Hall flashed in the preseason and made some plays in the backfield. This is only his third season as an interior DL and he had a steep learning curve last year making the jump from FCS to the NFL. Athletically he's one of the most physically gifted DT's in the league and his pre-draft numbers are similar to Aaron Donald and Ed Oliver's numbers despite being 15 pounds heavier than those two. 

Hall has actually shown some strength and explosiveness in preseason. I'd give him a year with Buckner before I make any judgments.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Hall has actually shown some strength and explosiveness in preseason. I'd give him a year with Buckner before I make any judgments.

Yeah, he has definitely flashed in the preseason and deserves another year before we write him off. What's the point of taking small school projects with elite traits if you're going to give up on them after a season? Hall was a Gruden pick. 

• Like 1