Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

He looked like a soggy sack of sheep **** on defense this PS, though. Specifically at tackling. Odd. 

Nonetheless, you need to play special teams and backups who do nothing but play special teams are valuable (in terms of roster spots, not in terms of cash.)

Like you could keep a talented OL who is edged out in the numbers game instead, but that guy is going to be inactive on game days whereas Crawford is going to play special teams snaps.  The bottom of the roster is always decided by "cheap guys who play STs."

Edited by PossibleCabbage

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

but.....we don't know if cleveland are going to have a worse season than us yet?

If we're end up being worse then we given away mccray and a 7th rounder 

for a lower 7th rounder.

nah..... makes zero sense. I suspect we will find out more in an hour or so.

If it is a 7th for a 7th itd be conditional

8 minutes ago, Chili said:

The more I think about it the more it doesnt make sense.

We gave mccray and a 7th round draft pick

for a 7th round draft pick........

There's no benefit for us at all. I must be getting bad info. can someone correct please.

If their pick is lower, we'll get there's and take ours. If not, you probably get nothing. 

There's still basically no benefit but it's better than absolutely nothing and ya help out a buddy and hope that favor comes back around.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Get he was Gute's guy, but he was at best our 10th best lineman in the PS games. 

Dexter Williams and Cole Madison get redshirt years based on upside. Alex Light was that guy last year. Pays off to develop sometimes. You don’t want too many of those types, but two of them isn’t too many imo. 

Edited by boratt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Nonetheless, you need to play special teams and backups who do nothing but play special teams are valuable (in terms of roster spots, not in terms of cash.)

Like you could keep a talented OL who is edged out in the numbers game instead, but that guy is going to be inactive on game days whereas Crawford is going to play special teams snaps.  The bottom of the roster is always decided by "cheap guys who play STs."

I guess I'm confused how this guy is going to produce on ST after the absolute horrendous showing he put on in the basic fundamentals of defensive (or ST) football. 

• Like 1