The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

52 minutes ago, Norm said:

SB MVP Malcolm Smith was cut on Tues guys. How has @packfanfb not made a thread about this yet, or 20.

I was told the other day that I lack context regarding the ILB position. As a result, I now know that Smith isn't any better than James Crawford. In fact, no ILB we acquire would be better than Crawford, Summers or Sheldon. If you believe otherwise, you just lack context. 

On a more serious note, I would like to add Smith just so we'd have another Smith on defense. Two is not enough. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I was told the other day that I lack context regarding the ILB position. As a result, I now know that Smith isn't any better than James Crawford. In fact, no ILB we acquire would be better than Crawford, Summers or Sheldon. If you believe otherwise, you just lack context. 

On a more serious note, I would like to add Smith just so we'd have another Smith on defense. Two is not enough. 

and all of them would be LB's lol.

19 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

What more than a promising, explosive rookie at RB3 do we want? 

Dixon's hurt too IIRC. We could easily pick him up and stash him somewhere if Baltimore doesn't do it first. Conversely, I wouldn't be surprised if we stashed Williams somewhere to bring Dixon is as well. If our WR room wasn't so loaded, we could easily carry 4 RB's and a FB and roll with 5 WR's. We could still do that regardless. I'd trade Davis straight up for a solid ILB at this point and stash Summers on the PS. 

Patriots wheeling and dealing as usual with their third player trade in the last two days (and giving up on yet another failed high draft choice still on his rookie deal).

Broncos acquired CB Duke Dawson and a 2020 seventh-round pick from the Patriots in exchange for a 2020 sixth-round pick.

Dawson was the No. 56 overall pick in last year's draft after New England traded up for him. 

Wonder what Gute has cooked up?

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

Can we get Kenneth Dixon here? 

According to The Athletic, BAL is light on the IOL depth.
Perhaps one of McCray/ Patrick would be an enticing trade option

Dixon is listed at 228 lbs and has some serious thunder-thighs.
Could be a useful addition to the RB room, but his injury history is notable

57 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We should go with 5 WRs.  Adams, Allison, MVS, EQ, Davis.  EQ to IR after the "final 53" is released.  Then we can add one of the cut players.  They will be there.

If EQ is going to be ready in 3-4 weeks, I dont IR him.