College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Play Biadasz at guard for a year or two. He's the best lineman in the country in my opinion.

If he can be a great OG, I'm all for it. I just always get skeptical/upset when you take someone who is elite at their respective position, especially on the OL, and play them out of position or ask them to do too much too early. We've seen it happen with several OL the Browns have drafted in the last 5 years (although I'm well aware that non of them were as talented as this kid).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

1st: Tyler Biadasz/C/Wisconsin

2nd: Alaric Johnson/OT/Iowa

3rd: Colby Parkinson/TE/Stanford

3rd: Sam Ehlinger/QB/Texas

4th: J.R. Reed/S/Georgia

5th: Lorenzo Neal/DT/Purdue

6th: Darryl Williams/OG/Mississippi State

6th: Alex Leatherwood/OG/Alabama

7th: Zach McCloud/OLB/Miami Fl.

FA: Brian Bulaga/OT OR Joe Staley/OT

FA: Shaq Thompson/OLB OR De'Vondre Campbell/OLB

FA: Trae Waynes/CB OR Artie Burns

Not a bad draft, I would definitely do two OL in the first few rounds but I would quietly draft a guy like Jordan Love in the 3rd if it were me. Plus knowing Dorsey, he may try to get a veteran OL group first and keep draft open for BPA

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not a bad draft, I would definitely do two OL in the first few rounds but I would quietly draft a guy like Jordan Love in the 3rd if it were me. Plus knowing Dorsey, he may try to get a veteran OL group first and keep draft open for BPA

I just love Ehlinger. He’s probably more of a college QB, but the dude is a gamer. Tough as can be and has great size and a good arm. He’s raw and plays in a weird scheme, but he has a very high ceiling. He reminds me a little of a young Josh McCown. Good leader, can run a little, can throw a little, toughest dude on the field every week. 

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

6th: Alex Leatherwood/OG/Alabama

Really nice mock draft.

Alex Leatherwood I think will ultimately go top 20 and won't make it close to the 6th. His upside and draft value likely increases dude to Bama playing him at LT as well. 

Tyler Biadasz is amazing but I wonder if we''d be better served going Tackle 1st and Center somewhere else later.

As good as this tackle class is, Alaric might be the 9th or 10th best Tackle imo.

Edited by Mind Character

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I just love Ehlinger. He’s probably more of a college QB, but the dude is a gamer. Tough as can be and has great size and a good arm. He’s raw and plays in a weird scheme, but he has a very high ceiling. He reminds me a little of a young Josh McCown. Good leader, can run a little, can throw a little, toughest dude on the field every week. 

Didn't Baker have a beef with him though?

• Like 1