College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just thinking our loud.

Sign a OT, draft a OT in the 1st, and if they’re not confident in Njoku; draft a tight end in the 2nd.

That’s the perfect way to protect Baker and let him develop.

Agree that would be good but we have to do somethings for the D or it won't matter.

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just thinking our loud.

Sign a OT, draft a OT in the 1st, and if they’re not confident in Njoku; draft a tight end in the 2nd.

That’s the perfect way to protect Baker and let him develop.

I feel like we need a TE either way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is why, IMO, I re-sign Seals-Jones who was decent. He's our #2 behind Njoku, and is an average all around TE. 

I'm not opposed to bringing Seals-Jones back at all, but we need a big physical TE that can line up in-line and block. That's the dude I need opposite Njoku. Seals-Jones is a supersized WR, not a true in-line TE.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm not opposed to bringing Seals-Jones back at all, but we need a big physical TE that can line up in-line and block. That's the dude I need opposite Njoku. Seals-Jones is a supersized WR, not a true in-line TE.

Here's what I want in my dream world:

*Njoku

*Seals-Jones as TE #2 and Njoku insurance policy

*3rd Round: MOSS as a hybrid H/TE, who is a monster blocker. 

Next year, you have the tandem of Njoku or RSJ (Money, production, injury factor with Njoku this year) and Moss.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*3rd Round: MOSS as a hybrid H/TE, who is a monster blocker. 

That's who I want. Moss is a great blocker and is capable of making some spectacular catches.

Also, I still think Njoku is going to be a fine player. Kitchens had no idea how to manage anything. If he falters under Stefanski, fine. But Kitchens took dudes that were studs in previous years and turned them into ghosts (Robinson/Higgins/Njoku). I'll reserve judgment on those guys until we see what they do with a different coach.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

That's who I want. Moss is a great blocker and is capable of making some spectacular catches.

He'd be able to come in and add immense value immediately as a blocking TE/H, opening up room for both RSJ and Njoku on the roster in other capacities as well.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Also, I still think Njoku is going to be a fine player. Kitchens had no idea how to manage anything. If he falters under Stefanski, fine. But Kitchens took dudes that were studs in previous years and turned them into ghosts (Robinson/Higgins/Njoku). I'll reserve judgment on those guys until we see what they do with a different coach.

Oh I agree. I'm merely stating that RSJ is both an insurance policy and nice 2nd TE (I'd carry 3 TE/H bodies every week anyway). If Njoku doesn't produce this year and we don't pick up his option, so be it, but in the meantime, I'd see what Seals-Jones does as he also showed flashes in the seam/slot this year.

I completely agree that TE is a need.  I wouldn't put it super high on the priority list.  We obviously need O line help first, and I would want to dedicate some picks and FA to beef up the front 7 on defense.  I feel like we say it every year....we need to get a little more "nasty" on defense.

A blocking TE that can catch when called upon is ideal.  

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:33 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I think Wirfs, Willis, Thomas, Becton, and Trey Adams are the 4 starting quality OT's. Netane Muti is a guard all the way IMO. I do like him.

And Prince Tega Wanogho has a lot of technical concerns despite having no problems moving and mirroring. I like Tega Wanogho, but not enough to group him in with the first 4 dudes.

Austin Jackson is hella overrated. I wouldn't draft him in the 2nd round.

Josh Jones is intriguing, but has a ton of technical flaws.

At the moment, my preferred move might be to trade down and draft the remaining OT between Wirfs/Wills/Thomas/Becton if there are at least 2 still there at #10. I'm comfortable with all of them to be honest. I think all are superstar RT's with LT abilities if you need them to play on that side. None of them are immediately excluded from LT, as they all move very well and have shown the ability to mirror speed.

Whatever it takes to get Chris Hubbard off this freaking team.

Me and @BleedTheClock right outside before heading into the Draft Room

71f8ecbe-abef-4622-a2f2-56b487ce0841_tex

LOL

37 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

give me trautman, Harrison or ellefson 

I've been talking about them two for weeks (and the Kid from Edward Waters) now....so you KNOW I agree.

I just hate that it seems like we were going to be able to add one or both on day 3.....dont know if that's happening now.

Also take a look at Charlie Taumoepeau from Portland State, and Jared Rice Fresno State (look at his Jr. year tape)