Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Browns

ttitansfan4life

Just now, TitanTuff said:

Yea I guess putting up a 131 QBR against the Browns isn't anything special because...Browns?

Or the comeback win in the playoffs at Arrowhead where he basically willed us to the upset?

He needs to get more consistent and stay healthy.  I don't think anyone would argue that.  But to say that he is incapable of being a legit franchise QB?  I would say we have multiple instances in his short career of him proving that wrong.  And the guy's still only 25.

• Like 2

Corey Davis' effort on runs and screens always impresses me. Probably runs close to 100 yards on this play given crossing the field as well to be able to seal off the only guy who has a chance at tackling Henry. You saw it last year on Henry's 99 yard run downfield too, where he was lined up on the opposite side of the field that Henry ran down, and still made the effort to run all the way and catch up to Henry to try and block for him(though he didn't notice Jack was right behind him and failed to get the block..it's the effort that counts lol).

It's no coincidence that Davis was one of the few guys Vrabel went out of his way to praise and label as the true #1 at his position on the depth chart. Guy is a great talent and doesn't even seem to care if he gets the targets or not, he's just in it for the win.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Matthew Stafford would be the third best quarterback on our roster.

😑😳 Stafford is a Dae better QB than Mariota it’s not even close, sure he hasn’t won anything but football is a team sport. Stafford can make every throw on a consistent basis Mariota can’t.. though like I always said you can win with mariota strong run game elite defense. Give us Stafford with this defense & were AFC championship bound 

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

😑😳 Stafford is a Dae better QB than Mariota it’s not even close, sure he hasn’t won anything but football is a team sport. Stafford can make every throw on a consistent basis Mariota can’t.. though like I always said you can win with mariota strong run game elite defense. Give us Stafford with this defense & were AFC championship bound 

Stafford is Daunte Culpepper except his Moss stuck around longer.

Like, imagine committing fully to a quarterback, constantly investing in weapons to surround him with, giving him huge money and one of the best receivers in NFL history and letting him throw it 700 times and coming away with a top ten scoring offense twice in a decade with no playoff wins. That’s Matt Stafford.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Corey Davis' effort on runs and screens always impresses me. Probably runs close to 100 yards on this play given crossing the field as well to be able to seal off the only guy who has a chance at tackling Henry. You saw it last year on Henry's 99 yard run downfield too, where he was lined up on the opposite side of the field that Henry ran down, and still made the effort to run all the way and catch up to Henry to try and block for him(though he didn't notice Jack was right behind him and failed to get the block..it's the effort that counts lol).

It's no coincidence that Davis was one of the few guys Vrabel went out of his way to praise and label as the true #1 at his position on the depth chart. Guy is a great talent and doesn't even seem to care if he gets the targets or not, he's just in it for the win.

corey is a really good player. i just wish he was more of a game changer. that's what you hope for when you pick a guy 5 overall. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Stafford is Daunte Culpepper except his Moss stuck around longer.

Naw cause Stafford still is good without Calvin Johnson Check your stats. Johnson Retired in 2015. Since Stafford has had a QB rating of 93.3 99.3 & 89.9 🤷🏽‍♂️ I’ll take that over a QB who has yet to throw over 4,k yards & is inconsistent playing from the pocket. Again you’re only argument is, Stafford hasn’t won anything I’ll give you that but be real with yourself it’s not even a question who’s the better QB

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Naw cause Stafford still is good without Calvin Johnson Check your stats. Johnson Retired in 2015. Since Stafford has had a QB rating of 93.3 99.3 & 89.9 🤷🏽‍♂️ I’ll take that over a QB who has yet to throw over 4,k yards & is inconsistent playing from the pocket. Again you’re only argument is, Stafford hasn’t won anything I’ll give you that but be real with yourself it’s not even a question who’s the better QB

No, my argument is that when you give a quarterback 700 attempts a year and consistently good receivers, including an all-timer, he should produce a top 10 offense more than once every six years. He’s a stat padder that has been given the keys to his offense for a decade and routinely disappointed. Marcus, in his career, averages half a yard more per attempt than Stafford, he just hasn’t been gifted 500 opportunities to pad his stats.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Like, imagine committing fully to a quarterback, constantly investing in weapons to surround him with, giving him huge money and one of the best receivers in NFL history and letting him throw it 700 times and coming away with a top ten scoring offense twice in a decade with no playoff wins. That’s Matt Stafford.

This. Stafford isn't good. 

26 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

It really is, though. And I'm not even a big Mariota fan. 

9 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

So I’m looking at yesterday’s highlights & the play that Mariota takes the sack right after the big play by brown, mariota clearly holds on to the ball too long. He has Pruitt wide open in the flat as a check down 7:29 sec mark. 🤦🏽‍♂️ Terrible awareness 

He absolutely needs to get rid of the ball, there’s no way he can be expected to get that to his third or fourth read, on the opposite side of the field when his first two reads are to his left and the protection breaks down quickly from his right, forcing him even further left.