Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 11/25/2018 at 11:09 AM, iknowcool said:

Someone who plays a variety of games would be dope

If you're ever up late at night looking to watch some twitch the "late crew" streamers are usually pretty entertaining. It's a group of streamers that often play together that includes BurkeBlack, CrReam, GassyMexican, and CletusBueford as the four that mainly play together and occasionally play with a host of others like BikeMan, ClassyPax, and a bunch of others.

They are all variety streamers and do a lot of role play stuff with online games which can make games fun to watch even if it's a game you have no interest in playing. They made sea of thieves hilarious even though personally I think the game sucks.

Edited by rob_shadows

On 11/16/2018 at 1:44 PM, Twizlers said:

Has anyone played Runescape in the past?

They just recently released it on mobile, so I decided to check it out.  I used to play this game ALL the time in my teens and was heavily involved in the clan scene.  Then they got rid of the wilderness in 2007, tons quit including me, but then they brought it back by creating Runescape Old School.  I joined again, played for maybe a year, then quit again.  But here I am getting back into it with I'm sure thousands of players since the release of mobile, and the nostalgia is real.

Iv actually been playing this, like you said the nostalgia is real. I’m impressed with how well it ported to mobile. It’s got its issues but overall it works good. 

Anybody else working Just Cause 4? Not as good as 3. But a solid "shoot'um up" game regardless.

If thinking about getting it. Wait till the end of the month. Major patches coming. I dont know why they released it in this state. But by end of the year it should be more polished.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, iknowcool said:

Anyone got any favorite Youtubers or Twitch streamers they listen to on the regular?  

I've been trying to branch out and watch more, either for reviews, gameplay, or to find out about games I otherwise wouldn't know much about.  The main game I play is Rainbow Six Siege so I follow Macie Jay for that.  I like The Black Hokage too, although he can be a little pretentious but he's funny and keeps it real.

Im partial to a few niche streamers.

DDRjake : EU3/4 uberplayer that got a job at Paradox. Streams lots of stuff [EU4, Deathroad to Canada and Caeser III are my favs], and has a buttery smooth Scottish voice. 

MrFlorryworry: Crazy Dutch EU4 player. Pretty much attempts insane runs by exploiting and breaking the game. Dude is legit nuts.

Zhakaron: Elder Scrolls Grey Beard. Daggerfall streams are pretty dope.

I used to watch a lot more, but lately I have been using steams as sleep aids. 

Beat Uncharted 4 last night. While I liked it, I'd definitely have to put it as worse than 2 and 3. They really dialed back on the epic set pieces that make the game so great. Only the chase sequence from comes close to the city and train from 2 and the airplane and cruise ship from 3. Definitely enjoyed it, gonna play Lost Legacy next.

On 12/9/2018 at 8:37 PM, skywindO2 said:

Beat Uncharted 4 last night. While I liked it, I'd definitely have to put it as worse than 2 and 3. They really dialed back on the epic set pieces that make the game so great. Only the chase sequence from comes close to the city and train from 2 and the airplane and cruise ship from 3. Definitely enjoyed it, gonna play Lost Legacy next.

This is the only one of the series I played. 2 & 3 are that much better? I should've bought the Cyber Monday deal since it was dirt cheap. I loved the 4th. Great story and a ton of fun to play!!

11 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

This is the only one of the series I played. 2 & 3 are that much better? I should've bought the Cyber Monday deal since it was dirt cheap. I loved the 4th. Great story and a ton of fun to play!!

I thought they were better but I'm not saying that 4 was bad by any means. I liked the more grounded story in it compared to the earlier games that had some element of mysticism in them. At the same time, the story wasn't convincing. I never felt like Drake wanted to give up his adventuring life and it being a main part of the story was pretty annoying. Game play wise, I haven't played the PS4 releases but I'd worry they may feel dated, maybe someone else hear can chime in and say otherwise. The addition of the grappling hook was great but overall the environments didn't feel as exciting. If you have the time, I think it's probably worth going back and playing 2 and 3. I imagine most people would agree that they are better. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1