Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

That's what I'm going to do with final fantasy. Couldn't even remotely get into it. Horizon is playable with an okay story, my only problem is people consider it perfect yet hate on other games that deserve praise but don't get it because they don't like the publisher for what it's done in the past 

I went to a neighbors house last night. And he had a copy of that Game Informer magazine Gamestop or something gives out. And it had a layout with pictures of all the people working with the magazine giving their game of the year. Half said Zelda, other half Horizon.

I thought it pretty funny. Cause those are people that likely played every game that came out. But felt they had to go with the flow.

38 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I went to a neighbors house last night. And he had a copy of that Game Informer magazine Gamestop or something gives out. And it had a layout with pictures of all the people working with the magazine giving their game of the year. Half said Zelda, other half Horizon.

I thought it pretty funny. Cause those are people that likely played every game that came out. But felt they had to go with the flow.

The only opinions that matter are the ones that aren't bought or hivemind (for the most part)

12 hours ago, Tyty said:

That's what I'm going to do with final fantasy. Couldn't even remotely get into it. Horizon is playable with an okay story, my only problem is people consider it perfect yet hate on other games that deserve praise but don't get it because they don't like the publisher for what it's done in the past 

FF's characters were cliche and just meh (much like the storyline) but I just had fun playing the game. Found it challenging at first but, as is the problems w/ most RPGs, once I got to a high point, most monsters were just  a nuisance and never a threat. The fact that doesn't happen in Horizon is a major selling point to me. It was impossible to die in FF and that was kinda weak also. I loved Horizon's story but don't consider it perfect by any means although I consider it one of the best games I've played lately. I don't get too heavy into gaming so I don't really concern myself w/ people's opinions about a publisher. If it looks fun, I'll play it. Try my best not to take it too seriously.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I have the same game Informer. What's funny about it?

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

You've said you basically only don't like Horizon because everyone else does. If it's not your cup of tea that's fine but don't look for reasons to tear a game down.

I like horizon. Just don't like how everyone said it was perfect and the best ever when it's pretty much an average forgettable game 

15 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I like horizon. Just don't like how everyone said it was perfect and the best ever when it's pretty much an average forgettable game 

I don't know many people who said it was the best ever. Some say it might be their favorite but most people generally have other games higher on their all time list.

40 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

I don't know many people who said it was the best ever. Some say it might be their favorite but most people generally have other games higher on their all time list.

All I've ever wanted is for you to love me 

Well, here's an exciting bit of gaming news that enlightened my day: Sega finally announces a new HotD game for arcades after a decade-long hiatus! Entitled House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn

They've just began location testing, and I must say, the game looks effing amazing: 

Even better: they're saying a console port IS possible. 

PSVR please! ZOMG, the mere thought of being able to play this on my PSVR with a light gun has got me amped. I'd love me some of that VR rail-shooting zombie goodness right at home. Capcom announced a VR rail shooter RE game called Resident Evil: Bio Terror a couple years back that plays similarly to HotD, but it was made exclusively for Dubai's Hub Zero park, and as much as I'd love a L4D3 for PSVR, I just don't think it's in the cards with the current state of Valve, so this might be my only hope.

Edited by KManX89

Iv been playing Battlefield 1 a lot lately and since iv started playing again there’s something that just erks me more than anything. Twice now Iv been in a bomber as a gunner and the pilot crashes. It then credits ME with a team kill, wtf? I’m not even playing hardcore how the hell can I be taken points away for my dumb pilot?