Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Just started playing FFXV.

I keep pressing the wrong button because attack/dodge are reversed from what they were in Witcher 3..... Help.

*insert git gud gif here* 

On 6/28/2018 at 8:32 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Any Warframe players?

I play it super casually from time to time on xbox. The gameplay is really fun but everything else is kind of buried behind either having to play a bunch to unlock stuff or having to read a lot to know what to do.

2 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I play it super casually from time to time on xbox. The gameplay is really fun but everything else is kind of buried behind either having to play a bunch to unlock stuff or having to read a lot to know what to do.

Yeah, the game is not beginner friendly in the least. The 10 minute tutorial to start the game is practically the only help you're given.I'm MR 16, 200 hours in, and there's still aspects of the game I haven't a clue about and need to read up on. I like games with a grind though, and WF is pretty much a constant grind and the gameplay is fun with so many different weapons and frames. Me and 1 other friend (MR 19) have a little clan and could help you out with stuff/questions if you want, just PM your GT. 

On 6/30/2018 at 6:50 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

Started playing Horizon Zero Dawn and I really like it so far.  I was afraid I just wouldn't feel it (like what happened with Witcher 2 and Dragon Age), but I was hooked pretty early on.  Feels like a mix between Witcher 3 and Far Cry or something and I'm really liking it. 

This is one of my favorite all time games. I really enjoyed it!! Once you finish it, get the DLC. The machines up there are tough! It'll give ya an extra 20 hours also

28 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

It is great to be playing Crash again. The Road to Nowhere is going to be what causes a blood vessel to burst.

This prompted me to look up a video to know which level you were talking about. Apparently you can just walk on the side ropes for like the entire level.

13 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I really want to buy Slay The Spire but I'm also very against buying early access games. :( 

That game is in early access? I say just buy it. I think some games deserve that philosophy, I think some forget they can just add stuff post release lol

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

This prompted me to look up a video to know which level you were talking about. Apparently you can just walk on the side ropes for like the entire level.

You can, but it's easy to overjump and miss and still fall to your death. 

A new leak on 4chan has been making the rounds the last few days. Apparently, Capcom IS making an update to MvCI entitled Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite: Uncanny Edition complete with overhauled graphics, menus and UI, 3v3 option, and a lot more characters added, including, yes, the X-Men/Doom. :D The leak also alleges it's aiming for an early 2019 release window in order to promote Avengers 4 with Capcom taking the bulk of the creative control this time around.

I hope like hell it IS true. MvCI was mechanically fun as hell to play, it's just that the roster, graphics, UI, menus, story mode, etc., pretty much everything else was a complete mess and really held it back from being the game it could be (and not just because of the lack of X-Men/Doom, either, though it certainly didn't help), save for the netcode, which was surprisingly good. If they really do plan on fixing the graphics and menus and add more of the characters fans wanted from the start (I know I wanted Leon, Wesker, Captain Commando, Asura, etc.), including the X-Men/Doom, that would be awesome.

However, there's many things in this leak that make me say it's fake, so take this with a grain of salt. More than anything, it sounds too good to be true. Then again, they correctly leaked Smash Ultimate for the Switch, so who knows?

10 hours ago, KManX89 said:

A new leak on 4chan has been making the rounds the last few days. Apparently, Capcom IS making an update to MvCI entitled Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite: Uncanny Edition complete with overhauled graphics, menus and UI, 3v3 option, and a lot more characters added, including, yes, the X-Men/Doom. :D The leak also alleges it's aiming for an early 2019 release window in order to promote Avengers 4 with Capcom taking the bulk of the creative control this time around.

I hope like hell it IS true. MvCI was mechanically fun as hell to play, it's just that the roster, graphics, UI, menus, story mode, etc., pretty much everything else was a complete mess and really held it back from being the game it could be (and not just because of the lack of X-Men/Doom, either, though it certainly didn't help), save for the netcode, which was surprisingly good. If they really do plan on fixing the graphics and menus and add more of the characters fans wanted from the start (I know I wanted Leon, Wesker, Captain Commando, Asura, etc.), including the X-Men/Doom, that would be awesome.

However, there's many things in this leak that make me say it's fake, so take this with a grain of salt. More than anything, it sounds too good to be true. Then again, they correctly leaked Smash Ultimate for the Switch, so who knows?

I mean...saying "they," in reference to 4chan, leaked Smash Ultimate, is like saying that "we," in reference to Footballs Future, predicted last year's superbowl, because 1 person predicted it correctly. It's just a different anonymous person making a post that may or may not be fake. Other previous anonymous people making posts that were or were not fake don't really have anything to do with the credibility of this one. It isn't like it's a cohesive website or a single writer. It's just random people throwing crap at the wall with it occasionally sticking. Ultimately, it's probably bull. Like most of what is posted on 4chan.

Beyond the fact that it's 4chan, it's a rehash of a 2012 "leak" for another MVC game that was supposed to get an update called the "Uncanny Edition." The same rights issues exist that existed when it was first released, and it would've taken a lot of time to do the amount of work listed in that post, so they basically would've had to start on a full cast of X-Men right after releasing a game that couldn't have X-Men? The Avengers 4 promotion bit also sounds like non-sense because none of what's added is Avengers 4 related, and that would be a really niche marketing campaign compared to a dozen other things that Marvel can and will do instead. It would also probably wind up being a PR nightmare for Capcom, because the post says it will be a standalone version, not just like a DLC or update, so you'd inevitably have people up in arms about respending $60 because Capcom got it wrong the first time. The rumor also hasn't hit anywhere except social media and smaller Youtube channels, after presumably a week of people trying to validate it. It just doesn't really make sense for anyone except people on the internet who want a MVC game that isn't garbage, and likely won't be getting that for awhile.

I mean, there's always that maybe. Weirder stuff has happened. But when we start trusting 4chan rumors, we've truly failed as a society.