GDT Week 1, Packers @ Bears

malagabears

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

This was great.

Let me embed this with my mad computer skills.  

Literally what it's like in the Packers GDT right now

Someone was even trying to argue that Adams and MVS have the advantage on the outside bc Prince and Fuller cant cover man to man.

Edited by Superman(DH23)

NFL Network is a mess. It is just laughable at this point.

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-network-total-access%2F0ap3000001046012%2FWho-has-the-edge-in-Week-1-Packers-or-Bears

Says the Packers all-time record vs Chicago is 96-46-6.... ummm. No. Not even close.

MJD shows he is clueless by saying Fangio will attack but Pagano will send 4 and sit in coverage. His memory matches his height, because he has played vs both DCs and that is completely the opposite.

32 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Literally what it's like in the Packers GDT right now

Someone was even trying to argue that Adams and MVS have the advantage on the outside bc Prince and Fuller cant cover man to man.

I've literally never seen a fan base so obsessed with either bad players (Kuhn back in the day), average players (Amos) or unproven players (MVS, Allison). It's incredible. I went through this GT today and it's very weird. There are some really intelligent fans over there too though which was a relief but the majority are just "MVS AND ALLISON ARE AWESOME! BEARS ARE GOOD BUT TRUSTINKY SUX! FULLER AND AMUKAMARA (DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT?!?!) ARE GOOD BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" I mean, holy hell. It's ok to admit players on teams I must root against are good. At one point one of their posters was like "guys, the Bears are good and it's ok to say that" but that didn't stop one poster who said Hicks is simply "a player."

Rodgers is a first ballot HOF. Adams is really good. The Packers substantially upgraded their pass rush. Thielen and Diggs in Minnesota are really good and if Cook stays healthy, they'll be tough to beat. The Vikings defense is really good. See how hard that was?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, soulman said:

What thrills me most is the Bears starting front seven saying they haven't actually been able to hit anyone all summer long and none of them played in any of the preseason games or at least not more than a few snaps.

These guys are ready to go out and do some damage now and it's gonna be tough for Rodgers to avoid all of them all game long.  That's just not gonna happen.  The last time we had this many DL and LBs who could all get after a passer it was 1985.

This defense should go into this game also remembering how they let Rodgers off the hook last season and we blew a 20 point lead.  As Nagy says that should be a painful learning experience I don't see being repeated.

If we can run up some points early and force Rodgers to pass I like how I believe that may turn out.  He's gonna have to cope with both Mack and an incentivized Floyd who seems to be playing lighter again, blitzing from Smith, Hicks and an improved Bilal Nichols.

That's a whole lot of people out for your *** every time you drop back to pass and at least two of those guys have more than enough speed to chase him down when he scrambles so extending plays should be much harder.

The key here is to be methodical and not beat ourselves.

I agree 100% on what you said, except the part about the defense remembering wk1 last year. The defense did more than enough to win that game, imo. In fact, truth be told, it should have been a blowout. You could maybe point to a few small lapses on defenses in that game (aka Fuller not turning around in time to make a play that was there to be made in the end zone) but overall, last years loss was on both Nagy and the offense. 

Building a rapport takes time and repetitions and Mitch never had a chance to work with most of his new targets in the off-season for different reasons, and when they finally did get a chance in week 3 of the preseason, Nagy kept all of them out. That's why it took the offense until the Bucs and Miami games in weeks 4 and 6 to finally take off and show their true potential.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I agree 100% on what you said, except the part about the defense remembering wk1 last year. The defense did more than enough to win that game, imo. In fact, truth be told, it should have been a blowout. You could maybe point to a few small lapses on defenses in that game (aka Fuller not turning around in time to make a play that was there to be made in the end zone) but overall, last years loss was on both Nagy and the offense. 

Building a rapport takes time and repetitions and Mitch never had a chance to work with most of his new targets in the off-season for different reasons, and when they finally did get a chance in week 3 of the preseason, Nagy kept all of them out. That's why it took the offense until the Bucs and Miami games in weeks 4 and 6 to finally take off and show their true potential.

It definitely was on the offense. They did next to nothing well in the second half. Then again, the D ran out of gas in the third and specifically fourth quarters of that game, and hell if Fuller catches that INT who knows how the playoffs go.

But I agree. If I had to pin it on any phase, it goes on the O.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Just to remember the result is what I meant.

GB got some huge breaks that would very likely have not happened all in one game as those did.

IMHO Rodgers gets far too much credit for that one.  If Fuller doesn't drop a sure pick that last TD never happens.  Or Jackson gambles makes a play on the ball and fails and we let Cobb go untouched for a TD.

Two All Pros failed to make plays they made in their sleep for the rest of the season but both came up short that game.  If you ask me Rodgers was more lucky than good as far as winning that one.

• Like 1