OL Situation

LETSGOBROWNIES

On 9/3/2019 at 2:22 PM, brooks1957 said:

Iowa has a pair of bookend tackles this year we should be jonesing for. RT Tristan Wirfs and LT Alaric Jackson.

Will either be available at 32?

No, but seriously, this is supposed to be a good OT draft. Might have to trade up for a good one.

After watching Jake Burns break down Wyatt Teller's film I'm feeling decently confident Teller will shore up the interior in a few weeks after he learns the offense and adjusts to playing primarily on the right side. His pass blocking is his strength, and I think he ends up being nearly Zeitler's equal in that department.

I still have hope Corbett learns this year and becomes a quality starting center next season. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Will either be available at 32?

No, but seriously, this is supposed to be a good OT draft. Might have to trade up for a good one.

After watching Jake Burns break down Wyatt Teller's film I'm feeling decently confident Teller will shore up the interior in a few weeks after he learns the offense and adjusts to playing primarily on the right side. His pass blocking is his strength, and I think he ends up being nearly Zeitler's equal in that department.

I still have hope Corbett learns this year and becomes a quality starting center next season. 

Phili has done a brilliant job finding olinemen, they have are 6-7 deep across the oline. 

If wyatt and prospect x qork out qe will be 4-5 deep on the interior. 

The weakest link in the oline can be devastating, cant be too deep across the oline.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Phili has done a brilliant job finding olinemen, they have are 6-7 deep across the oline. 

If wyatt and prospect x qork out qe will be 4-5 deep on the interior. 

The weakest link in the oline can be devastating, cant be too deep across the oline.

Kiwi - is the sauce down under a bit of a higher proof - and have you been hittin' it?

Phili - who? Wyatt came from Buffalo..........

qork and qe - one key further right my man. I hate it when my fat fingers get in the way as well...

No worries - I knew where you were headed

On 9/3/2019 at 2:22 PM, brooks1957 said:

Iowa has a pair of bookend tackles this year we should be jonesing for. RT Tristan Wirfs and LT Alaric Jackson.

Saw this on the replay of the game on BTN - and I cringed. LT Alaric Jackson went down in the first quarter with a knee injury. Scheduled to be out several weeks.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football/2019/09/01/iowa-football-alaric-jackson-out-several-weeks-knee-injury-hawkeyes-kirk-ferentz/2189300001/

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Saw this on the replay of the game on BTN - and I cringed. LT Alaric Jackson went down in the first quarter with a knee injury. Scheduled to be out several weeks.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football/2019/09/01/iowa-football-alaric-jackson-out-several-weeks-knee-injury-hawkeyes-kirk-ferentz/2189300001/

We're targeting him late second/third round.

21 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Kiwi - is the sauce down under a bit of a higher proof - and have you been hittin' it?

Phili - who? Wyatt came from Buffalo..........

qork and qe - one key further right my man. I hate it when my fat fingers get in the way as well...

No worries - I knew where you were headed

You need to learn how to read the Queens English. 

OL is a real problem.  The loss of Robinson (who is marginal) and one OL down really made it impossible to win and really opened some eyes as to how weak we really are at LT, RG, and RT  This is a Dorsey, Coach Campen and Kitchens problem which will not be solved this year.

Without an average OL, our running game will be predictable. Teams will tee off at Mayfield. 

3 minutes ago, #32 said:

OL is a real problem.  The loss of Robinson (who is marginal) and one OL down really made it impossible to win and really opened some eyes as to how weak we really are at LT, RG, and RT  This is a Dorsey, Coach Campen and Kitchens problem which will not be solved this year.

Without an average OL, our running game will be predictable. Teams will tee off at Mayfield. 

They left those crappy tackles on an island far too often today.  They aren’t good enough for that and needed help from backs and TE’s, which by and large they didn’t receive.