The Time Has Come - Browns/Titans GDT Thread

FGK

Browns GDT Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who do ya got?

7 hours ago, DawgX said:

I think you're the only one.

Don't get me wrong, I think this could turn out to be a good learning experience for the team and we could easily bounce back. But I'll never be not mad that we lost by 30 points and that we played sloppy, undisciplined football.

Believe me I’m mad and disappointed.

That this turns into a wake up call after hearing all the hype all offseason. 

I think this shows that playing in the preseason for a newer team is very important. A team that has played together for awhile can sit a lot during the preseason but a team with new coordinators need more time together on the field. 

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Fun fact 

Baker time to throw from snap:

Last year: 2.79
Today: 2.82

its not all on the line. The playcalling was trash. Didn’t look anything like last years quick hitting offense. 

I mean, it’s both.

The tackles got beat regularly one on one and had Baker running all over the place.

The plays were slow developing and didn’t provide any help to the tackles with chips from TE’s or RB’s.

The penalties created a lot of awful down and distance situations that necessitated chunk plays and the pressed too hard to get them.

Freddie didn’t adjust to what was happening at all.  Just kept calling the same ish.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, it’s both.

The tackles got beat regularly one on one and had Baker running all over the place.

The plays were slow developing and didn’t provide any help to the tackles with chips from TE’s or RB’s.

The penalties created a lot of awful down and distance situations that necessitated chunk plays and the pressed too hard to get them.

Freddie didn’t adjust to what was happening at all.  Just kept calling the same ish.

Correct, also there didnt seem to be outlet guys even available a lot, need to quick fire some passes. 

• Like 1

When you get behind by 10-15 yards due to penalties (what an embarrassment), then it makes short, quick hitting pass plays and running plays very difficult to do effectively. The DL is going to pin their ears back and GO, and our OL isn't exactly a strength to begin with. If they clean up the penalties and establish the run early in games, then I like their chances going forward. However, if sloppy penalties and OL play continue, as well as Baker consistently throwing off platform (he needs to clean up his footwork), then I think we're looking at a recipe for failure.

Headed into NYJ with both teams facing a "must win" on Monday Night will be interesting. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Most of the, at least early, boos yesterday were for the zebras right?

Yes.

We gave up on the running game way too quickly. This team is going to be a run-first team IMO. Then we can set up deep shots to OBJ, crossing routes to Njoku, and quick RPO stuff with Landry. But we need to set up the run first. That will especially help our OL out, as they're going to struggle to pass protect on straight dropbacks. Let them get the defenders on their heels.

• Like 1