Nex_Gen

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Packers
    • Bears
    • TNF Is Cursed: Patriots & Steelers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2019 at 12:00 AM

18 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Finally took a thorough look at the Packers' roster, and I didn't realize how bad it was from top to bottom. The offensive line is decent, but that will be a flush against the Bears' defensive front. The only worthy players are Rodgers, Adams and Aaron Jones. The entire defense is going through a rebuild. They have a chance to finish last in the NFC North this year. 

This guy plays too much fantasy football. Not saying the Packers defense is great or anything but they replaced two starters who couldn't even find jobs this year in the NFL (Brice & Perry) & 1 starter who ended up with a minimum contract after being released by two separate teams (HHCD). 

10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

This guy plays too much fantasy football. Not saying the Packers defense is great or anything but they replaced two starters who couldn't even find jobs this year in the NFL (Brice & Perry) & 1 starter who ended up with a minimum contract after being released by two separate teams (HHCD). 

So they weren't great. And now they're going through a rebuild and have a bunch of unknowns on defense. Thanks for confirming exactly what I said.

I guess Daniels and Matthews never existed either..

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

So they weren't great. And now they're going through a rebuild and have a bunch of unknowns on defense. Thanks for confirming exactly what I said.

I guess Daniels and Matthews never existed either..

You said the only worthy players are Jones, Adams, & Rodgers. Shows how little you know of the Packers roster or frankly the defense in general. 

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

You said the only worthy players are Jones, Adams, & Rodgers. Shows how little you know of the Packers roster or frankly the defense in general. 

Kenny Clark is a rising talent. Where's the pass rush? Blake Martinez is a decent run stopper. Nothing more. There's some promising DBs on the roster who still need to prove themselves. Alexander, who flashed as a rookie, was a also inconsistent. King showed flashes for a quarter of his rookie year but can't stay on the field and has been non-existent since. Savage was one of my favorite prospects in the draft. But let's see him play a down first. Amos is a proven starter. This is the first year together with that Secondary unit. Same for the pass rush and linebacker group. Where's the leadership and the veteran presence? Maybe our definitions of worthy are different.

• Like 1

I think David Montgomery has a coming out party similar to Kareem Hunt a few years ago. That boy is a helluva running back. He kind of reminds me of frank gore. He has great vision, really good feet, balance second only to Alvin Kamara, and an innate sense of where defenders are and where his blockers are. He always seems to fall forward. Hes not a great athlete, not super strong, not super fast, but hes quick and is a football player through and through. Its why he fell to the third, he doesn't look good in shorts running on a track, but put the pads on and he is a BEAST

I think the script will go similar to last years SNF. Bears jump out early, Rodgers does his thing to make it close towards the end. I think LeFleur and Rodgers will have some growing pains together early on. I also think MT has a mixed game. Some really nice plays early, but then some really bad throws/reads later on, maybe even a fumble on a scramble that gives the packers new life with less than 5 minutes to go in the game. 

Bears 26 Packers 24

23 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think David Montgomery has a coming out party similar to Kareem Hunt a few years ago. That boy is a helluva running back. He kind of reminds me of frank gore. He has great vision, really good feet, balance second only to Alvin Kamara, and an innate sense of where defenders are and where his blockers are. He always seems to fall forward. Hes not a great athlete, not super strong, not super fast, but hes quick and is a football player through and through. Its why he fell to the third, he doesn't look good in shorts running on a track, but put the pads on and he is a BEAST

I think the script will go similar to last years SNF. Bears jump out early, Rodgers does his thing to make it close towards the end. I think LeFleur and Rodgers will have some growing pains together early on. I also think MT has a mixed game. Some really nice plays early, but then some really bad throws/reads later on, maybe even a fumble on a scramble that gives the packers new life with less than 5 minutes to go in the game. 

Bears 26 Packers 24

Odds of anything like that happening are incredibly low.  Even last year Mitch was just stupid good in the 4th, especially with the game in the line.  It's one of the reasons why people should be very, very worried.  When the kid just played football and didnt overthink it, he was "a stone cold killer" as Brett Kollman put it.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Odds of anything like that happening are incredibly low.  Even last year Mitch was just stupid good in the 4th, especially with the game in the line.  It's one of the reasons why people should be very, very worried.  When the kid just played football and didnt overthink it, he was "a stone cold killer" as Brett Kollman put it.

MT is a one read QB at this point until proven otherwise. Nagy has done a great job of getting the first guy open, and MT operates within the offense well, but he is not reading the field at the level it takes to be elite. Even when he moves his head, it appears to me that he is just looking off defenders and knows where he wants to go with the ball. I'm sure you will disagree, but considering you said the bears will go 14-2 and lose to Denver on the road as one of the two, means you and I have different views of this team and, by extension, of MT.  

So please, don't tell me that its impossible that this unaware, young, unpolished QB turns the ball over late in a game that the bears are winning. You probably didn't see this post I made in the eagles bears GDT before the playoff game:

I predict the eagles win on a missed fg/xp in the fourth quarter

soooooo yeah, BOOK IT

I expect points extremely hard to come by, with the packers defense outplaying their Chicago counterparts at times. Maybe a 6-3 half in fact. Maybe some time in the third quarter, I expect Rodgers to get blasted at a key junction for holding onto the ball too long. It's his big M.O.and those low interception totals hide this fact. He's addicted to the big play at times, but yet won't even attempt to throw into 50/50 windows. AR is like the opposite of Alex Smith at times, by not taking the easy underneath read in the middle of the field.

Edited by Howler