Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

Yep... A lot of haters here just doin' what they do.

Sorry but he needs to be held to a higher standard. He's been the best player in the league and he's being payed according to that. It is only fair that he's held to a higher standard than the rest. He had a sloppy game, with some innacurate throws and a poor clock management. It's not a disaster, it's the first game and against the best defense on the league, but he's the guy who is payed to fare well against these odds.

Edited by VonKarman
grammar
  • Like 2

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in fixing the problem. Aaron Rodgers post game interview he said, "I've got to do a better job of getting us out of the huddle!. Too many times we were up against the clock and a couple of delays!"

I think Rodgers gets it and want to be better at it. I hope he also gets the ball out of his hands quicker. The offensive line has to be better too. 

Did some digging on prior seasons on nfl.com and unless I missed a game the last time the Packers were held to 10 points or less and won a game was in 2010 when the did it twice. Once in a 9-0 win against the Jets and a second time against the Bears 10-3.

Would love to see the kind of defense the rest of the year. Hopefully the offense can start shaking the rust off. Got a long week now to prepare for another division foe and hopefully start 2-0 in the division.

6 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Sorry but he needs to be held to a higher standard. He's been the best player in the league and he's being payed according to that. It is only fair that he's held to a higher standard than the rest. He had a sloppy game, with some innacurate throws and a poor clock management. It's not a disaster, it's the first game and against the best defense on the league, but he's the guy who is payed to fare well aginst these odds.

He did we won! Next game! Oh by the way, listen to his post game interview where he spoke about some of the issues getting out of the huddle and guys getting lined up correctly. The offense is a work in progress and will improve. If our defense is this legitimate, the rest of the season can be cancelled and give us the Lombardi. You're not going to beat Aaron Rodgers with a defense like what was on display in Green and Gold last night. 

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in fixing the problem. Aaron Rodgers post game interview he said, "I've got to do a better job of getting us out of the huddle!. Too many times we were up against the clock and a couple of delays!"

I think Rodgers gets it and want to be better at it. I hope he also gets the ball out of his hands quicker. The offensive line has to be better too. 

Hope to see some improvements in that area next game. At least he has extra time to work on it before the Queens, although I can't imagine it wasn't stressed throughout training camp.

Just now, Kepler said:

Hope to see some improvements in that area next game. At least he has extra time to work on it before the Queens, although I can't imagine it wasn't stressed throughout training camp.

He said some of the issues were getting guys lined up correctly. That is not on him when guys go to the wrong spot and he's got to move them. Again, the offense is a work in progress and will get better. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He said some of the issues were getting guys lined up correctly. That is not on him when guys go to the wrong spot and he's got to move them. Again, the offense is a work in progress and will get better. 

Agree to an extent. My biggest issue with the Offense last night was that it looked like it reverted to 2018 when adversity hit.

So I let the game soak for a few hours and I’ll give my input:

Our defense hasn’t had fun since 2010. Back in the Charles Woodson/Nick Collins days the front produced pressure and those DBs feasted. We should have had 2 picks last night, King REALLY could have used that but I was very happy with what I saw.

The additions ALL played great. The Smiths are for real, our secondary played GREAT. Even when Robinson was open he caught the ball and was smothered. This is an exciting time for the true football fan because our defense will keep us in every game.

The offense failed the eye test but it did what it needed to in order to WIN ON THE ROAD AGAINST THE #1 DEFENSE AND REIGNING DIVISION CHAMPIONS. That is HUGE. As fans we write those games off as losses and rightly so. Now we go home for a good stretch and can play some Sunday afternoon games where Rodgers rolls.

Davante was double and triple teamed all night and MVS made the most of it. Aaron Jones was useless against that defense and that’s okay, a lot of RBs will be. Glad to see Jimmy G do something. The most concerning thing to me was the clock management and a few off throws but we survived them.

Where was GMO? Dude was GONE. 

The Smiths - 13.25 million cap hit combined this season.
Mack - 11.9 million cap hit this season
The Smiths - 30.75 million cap hit combined next season
Mack - 26.6 million cap hit next season
The Smiths - 36.75 million cap hit 2021
Mack - 26.6 million cap hit in 2021
The Smiths - 37.25 million cap hit in 2022 (9 million combined dead cap if cut)
Mack - 27.15 million cap hit in 2022 (12 million dead cap if cut)

We got two players for 2, 4, 10 and 11 million more over the next 4 seasons by waiting.  Also, we did not give up any picks to get them. 

Instead of giving up picks, we also added Gary and Savage. 

Does literally anybody still think we should have traded for Mack? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

The Smiths - 13.25 million cap hit combined this season.
Mack - 11.9 million cap hit this season
The Smiths - 30.75 million cap hit combined next season
Mack - 26.6 million cap hit next season
The Smiths - 36.75 million cap hit 2021
Mack - 26.6 million cap hit in 2021
The Smiths - 37.25 million cap hit in 2022 (9 million combined dead cap if cut)
Mack - 27.15 million cap hit in 2022 (12 million dead cap if cut)

We got two players for 2, 4, 10 and 11 million more over the next 4 seasons by waiting.  Also, we did not give up any picks to get them. 

Instead of giving up picks, we also added Gary and Savage. 

Does literally anybody still think we should have traded for Mack? 

It worked out in our favor. And I wanted Mack.

• Like 1

Didn't get the chance to watch the game live but really happy we stole a win. It's so refreshing to watch a defense that can get off the field on 3rd down. No more bend but don't break thank God. From my observation Nagy was trying to be too cute with his playcalling, too much gadget stuff. Pettine did a great job taking away their weapons.

Lane Taylor needs to have a seat, looked like he was  pass blocking on an ice rink. Packers defense is set, we need to draft OL 1st and 2nd round to deal with that Bears front 7 going forward  because they're the real deal. This game reminds me of that Jets game in 2010.