Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

29 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Anyone else hear the coach during Davis’ punt return? They were yelling, You got time, you got time; work work work. Is that normal and I never noticed?

We're just not used to STs coaching in GB, so that probably sounded odd to a Packers fans ear.

Is there any evidence that Zook actually watched punt returns?

I always just assumed Ron was too busy constantly thanking McCarthy for giving him a job in the NFL when no other head coach ever would have to pay much attention to what STs did on the field, because I can't believe Zook actually did any coaching to lead STs to its last in the NFL ranking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I am glad you saw King playing well, but all I noticed was the near pick. Did you see tight coverage in live action that didn’t get replayed during the broadcast? I wonder if he matched up with Robinson a lot, cuz they sure picked on Tony Brown when he was on Robinson. 

That’s what I saw too. Plus one really good tackle. But the times I saw him in on plays it’s because he was making a great play. And the rest of the snaps trubisky didn’t even attempt a pass on him. So i guess I don’t know well enough to know for sure, but the circumstantial sure suggests.

Edited by boratt

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It felt like a different defense last night. Creating pressure, guys weren't wide open everywhere on the field, pass deflections galore...I loved what I saw on the side of the field.

Probably because it is a different defense.

Clark, Martinez, Alexander, Tramon and Lowry are the only holdovers from last year

it was beautiful

Yeah, Jaire is a BAMF.  I said before the season started that Jaire, Savage and Amos are going to make up the next lame nickname secondary in the NFL.  Both Jaire and Savage were close multiple times on amazing play interceptions, and King had a near one on great coverage.  

I had an epiphany:

Gute continues to get gutsy and trades for Fitz at the trade deadline, not only to spark the offense, but to give him a chance to retire with a ring (ride off into the sunset).

The Cards are the Cards, so suffice to say, they're not going anywhere, especially with a rookie QB. I'm surprised he came back another year instead of testing the market TBH (SOMEBODY would've signed him, probably a contender).

But if our offense gets going with Rodg at the helm and that defense playing like it is? Granted, it's 1 game against Mitch Trubisky, but walking out of Chicago with a W against the #1 defense in a game we were picked to lose is nothing to scoff at. If we were able to do that, then we must be doing SOMETHING right.

Now imagine our offense gets back to its old ways and our D continues to ball. 

Can you say?:

packers-aaron-rodgers-mvpjpg-e0949ea05a5

I'd say it's worth the 1-year rental even if he's not the same player he once was. It also makes up for not drafting a WR like everyone wanted, albeit a short-term fix.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

Good-

• - Every level of the defense played really well.  It's one game but it's looking like I couldn't have been anymore wrong about the Smiths.  They both had great games.
  • - Pettine..... Was a neat interaction between 12 and the DC after the game. 
  • - Jimmy Graham- Haven't had the chance to rewatched the game and was a lil distracted with some FF stuff during but he had a decent game.  Not sure if that TD pass was to him or GMO but it was nice to see him box out and go up and get it. 
  • - Specials.... JK Scott, damn.  Crosby shutting some doubters up in a tough place to kick the ball.

Bad-

• - Rodgers didn't look all that sharp, especially on the short dink and dunk stuff.  Saying that though, he was willing to throw some contested jump balls that he wasn't willing to throw last year which is a positive in my eyes.
  • -OLine looked rough though that's pretty easily the best front in the NFL.
  • - Running game.... Ouch.  Hope it has more to do with an elite Bears defense rather than an offense that can't run the ball.  We absolutely do not have the WR talent to have an offense that can't run the ball.
  • - Only one game but I didn't love the offense.  What's the point of keeping 7 WRs if you are gonna run your 12 grouping more than your 11 grouping?  Hopefully that's the result of our opponent and not the plan going forward.  Seems like the 3 WR sets were pretty rare last night (like I said previously though, I was a lil distracted) 
  • - Rashan Gary?  Frustrating to have such a large project in a guy you just drafted @ 12.  
  • - Catch the ball King.  You don't get many INT's that easy.

Ugly-

• - Thought MLF called a terrible game.  It's like he likes being in 3rd and long and WTH was he thinking with his timeout usage and the PI challenge.