Packers & Bears Postgame

DocHolliday

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, Jaire is a BAMF.  I said before the season started that Jaire, Savage and Amos are going to make up the next lame nickname secondary in the NFL.  Both Jaire and Savage were close multiple times on amazing play interceptions, and King had a near one on great coverage.  

Jaire

Amos

King

Savage

The JAKS.

For what it's worth, 2nd and long (7+) plays: (called runs in red)

2-10: Aaron Rodgers pass complete short left to Aaron Jones for no gain (tackle by Roquan Smith)
2-10: Aaron Jones right tackle for no gain (tackle by Khalil Mack)
2-10: Aaron Rodgers pass complete short right to Davante Adams for 5 yards (tackle by Kyle Fuller)
2-7: Aaron Rodgers pass incomplete deep right intended for Davante Adams (defended by Buster Skrine)
2-7: Aaron Rodgers pass incomplete deep left intended for Davante Adams. Penalty on David Bakhtiari: Offensive Holding, 10 yards (no play)
2-17: Aaron Rodgers pass incomplete deep middle intended for Jimmy Graham. Penalty on Roquan Smith: Defensive Pass Interference, 38 yards (no play)
2-10: Aaron Rodgers sacked by Aaron Lynch for no gain
2-8: Aaron Rodgers pass complete short right to Davante Adams for 10 yards (tackle by Kyle Fuller)
2-17: Aaron Rodgers pass incomplete short right
2-9: Aaron Rodgers pass complete deep right to Trevor Davis for 28 yards (tackle by Ha Ha Clinton-Dix)
2-13: Aaron Rodgers pass complete deep middle to Robert Tonyan for 28 yards (tackle by Kyle Fuller)
2-10: Aaron Jones left tackle for 6 yards (tackle by Ha Ha Clinton-Dix)
2-10: Jamaal Williams left tackle for -2 yards (tackle by Roquan Smith)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This isn’t a great example.  If he leads MVS that could have been a TD.  MVS had to come back for the ball.

Jesus. I made fun of it live, but now I see. He was looking at the route going to the corner rolling left and then threw it to mvs. It's way better on replay than it looked live. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Eglton Jenkins starts next week.

You think he will or won’t?

You think he should or shouldn’t?

So...Lane Taylor had what may be the best defensive front 7 take his lunch money last night.

Guessing if Jenkins were in there, he'd have been stripped naked and thrown into the gymnasium during a pep rally.

This would have been an awful game for Jenkins to start.  Next week might be equally as tough.  Let's set the kid up for success.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This isn’t a great example.  If he leads MVS that could have been a TD.  MVS had to come back for the ball.

Rodgers let go of the ball before MVS even broke.  Even if you made the bias arguement that it's Rodger's fault it wasn't a TD, that would have been a placement issue and not an arm strength issue.  That was like a 60+ yard throw on a rope.  

Edited by SSG
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So...Lane Taylor had what may be the best defensive front 7 take his lunch money last night.

Guessing if Jenkins were in there, he'd have been stripped naked and thrown into the gymnasium during a pep rally.

This would have been an awful game for Jenkins to start.  Next week might be equally as tough.  Let's set the kid up for success.

Couldn't agree more with this.  We got out of this game with no injuries?  Bak and Taylor battled, but came out on the short stick.  If some want Taylor replaced, wouldn't you want Bak replaced also?  Two holding calls?  I think they'll both be fine.  Continuity on the OL is key for this first month against the four defenses we are facing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

The Smiths - 13.25 million cap hit combined this season.
Mack - 11.9 million cap hit this season
The Smiths - 30.75 million cap hit combined next season
Mack - 26.6 million cap hit next season
The Smiths - 36.75 million cap hit 2021
Mack - 26.6 million cap hit in 2021
The Smiths - 37.25 million cap hit in 2022 (9 million combined dead cap if cut)
Mack - 27.15 million cap hit in 2022 (12 million dead cap if cut)

We got two players for 2, 4, 10 and 11 million more over the next 4 seasons by waiting.  Also, we did not give up any picks to get them. 

Instead of giving up picks, we also added Gary and Savage. 

Does literally anybody still think we should have traded for Mack? 

This is hindsight.

And I"m good with that.

I was for the Mack trade.  But as far as this one game went, I'll take the Smiths and the picks, please.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

If King, Tramon, Jaire, Brown, Jackson, Amos, Savage, Greene stay healthy and the front 7 are able to generate pressure like that... Going to be one hell of a defense.

Especially when combined with the ultimate field flipper:

Related image

That's the kid that delivers my newspaper on Sundays!

• Like 1